ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa in the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MDK88
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa in the UK

Post by MDK88 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi, I have received an offer from my university to work as a lecturer and have booked a premium visa appointment for June 13, 2017. I have some questions and would be grateful if I could get some advice.

1. I have obtained a letter from a bank in my home country and this is a bank accepted by the home office. The letter is addressed as; UKBA, Globe House, 1st Floor, 89 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PN. The address is correct as this is where I need to go but I am worried whether having UKBA instead of UKVI for instance would be an issue.

2. My wife and son are in the UK on Tier 4 dependant visas. Am I allowed to apply for my Tier 2 visa first as they will be leaving the UK in 3 weeks and will remain overseas for 6 months.

3. Should I enclose a copy of the offer letter when submitting the documents?

Thanks!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa in the UK

Post by iworker » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:36 am

1. should be OK in principle.. especially the fact that a letter from bank is not required?
2. yes thats fine
3. no need.

MDK88
Newly Registered

Post by MDK88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:32 pm

iworker wrote:1. should be OK in principle.. especially the fact that a letter from bank is not required?
2. yes thats fine
3. no need.
Many thanks for responding! The letter from the bank is to confirm that I have had a minimum of GBP 945 for a consecutive 90 day period. I can request my bank to address the letter to UKVI or HM Passport Office if that would avoid any potential issues.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:21 pm

If the bank statements are attached showing the balance, then this letter is useless. no need to attach unnecessary docs.

MDK88
Newly Registered

Post by MDK88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:38 pm

iworker wrote:If the bank statements are attached showing the balance, then this letter is useless. no need to attach unnecessary docs.
I am using a fixed deposit account started this January. I will enclose the certificate but a letter from the bank confirming this is recommended as per my understanding of the guidance notes. The letter confirms that the funds have been in this account since January and that the deposit will mature in July.

jm608
Newly Registered

Post by jm608 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi I am also switching from t4 to t2 and im currently waiting for a COS to be assigned to me. Do you mind telling me when you made an appointment for the premium service centre, did you see plenty of slots available within the next week? I need to make urgent travel plans so it'd be great to have an idea of the timeline.