ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to Tier4 visa and applying from non-home country

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kknew
Newly Registered

Switch to Tier4 visa and applying from non-home country

Post by kknew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi, I am on Tier2 ICT visa and my daughter (above 18) has been as my dependent. I have seen several threads here that state that Tier2 dependants cannot switch to Tier4 within UK. However the UKBA guidelines state that if the current visa category is Tier2 ICT, then switch is possible. Isnt my daughter's dependent visa actually a Tier2 ICT category only! Or is PBS dependent treated separately from T2ICT?

Second question is that if she has to apply from outside UK, does it have to be home country? India is our home country (passport & citizenship). However I will be shifting to US in coming months and will have my daughter as my dependent in US visa. Can she go to US with me and then apply for Tier 4 from US itself, rather than going to India!

Many thanks

kknew
Newly Registered

Re: Switch to Tier4 visa and applying from non-home country

Post by kknew » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:01 am

Requesting advice / response please.

thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:44 am

kknew wrote:I have seen several threads here that state that Tier2 dependants cannot switch to Tier4 within UK. However the UKBA guidelines state that if the current visa category is Tier2 ICT, then switch is possible. Isnt my daughter's dependent visa actually a Tier2 ICT category only! Or is PBS dependent treated separately from T2ICT?
She is a PBS Dependant, not a Tier 2 migrant.
kknew wrote:if she has to apply from outside UK, does it have to be home country? India is our home country (passport & citizenship). However I will be shifting to US in coming months and will have my daughter as my dependent in US visa. Can she go to US with me and then apply for Tier 4 from US itself, rather than going to India!
Yes, if she is in the US as your dependant, not as a visitor. See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pply-ecb05
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kknew
Newly Registered

Post by kknew » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks a lot. Big help......