ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Obligation after Applying for naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pahadia
Ireland

Obligation after Applying for naturalization

Post by pahadia » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Hi,
I am LTR holder and applied for naturalization(Since July2006). I own a property in Ireland and intend to keep it for long term.My intentions are to make Ireland as home. However I am going for work in UK for next 3-6 months. I may fly back every week end or 15 days. Is that going to affect my naturalization application anyway ?

Cheers
Pahadia

hussie
Newly Registered

Post by hussie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi Pahadia

I'm interested in what permission you have to work in the UK. I would have liked to consider something similar.

I doubt if it can affect your application as you will already qualify to apply. They only 'rule' that I saw was the 1 year residence before application and another 4 in the last 9 years before application. What happens after application is not stated.

I suppose as long as your intentions are clear, it won't be a problem. I'm often travelling for work so I really hope that is the case. Surely they can't expect you to be here 100% of the time.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 pm

I am a HSMP holder so not bound to any particular employer. I work for my self and continue to do so in UK.