ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Simmysingh
Newly Registered

Visa for Italy

Post by Simmysingh » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:36 am

Hello
Please can someone give me the correct information for visiting Italy!
I'm a British citizen and my husband has a indefinite leave to remain in the U.K. He holds a Indian passport.

1).-Now if we was to visit family in Italy and stay with them does he need to get a Schenegan Visa if he was travelling with me. If Not what documents do we need to take with us if we are stopped for not having a visa?

2).- if we went on a one/two week holiday to Italy with hotel bookings etc.... again can my husband travel with me on my British passport or does he need to get a visa.?

3).- if he needs to get visa for either please can you let us know what documents webbed and whether we can get a 5year visa for him. Due to his work commitments sometimes it's easy if we get last minute flight to travel to families all over Europe, but we were very unsure about whether he needed a visa or not.
Many of your sites said he didn't if he was travelling with me and some were difficult to understand.
Please kindly list all documents needed the address of the Schenegan Embassy or whether we cans
Just submit online.
Because I'm disabled itshard for us to travel, so we really need the best 100% honest information and simple guidelines to follow as we have wasted so many hundreds of pounds and still not got visa as agents havejstdone a runner or ripedus off.

Looking forward to receiving a honest reply ASAP.

SIMMY

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for Italy

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:26 am

Whether you travel with your husband or not, he will need a Schengen visa. An airline won't permit him to travel without one. These are issued for a period of 90 days.

The procedure is in the link below:
http://www.vfsglobal.com/Italy/UK/London/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Naveed583

Post by Naveed583 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 am

Hi there
just need a bit of information my wife is British citizen i am holding (ILR) have 2 British child will be trailing with my family to Itlay next month .i am sure i can get visa stamped if i apply EEA Family member Visa application.
Question! can i travel back on my own ?my family will be staying there for 4 weeks and i need to come back in 2 weeks time .Can i travel back on my own ?
Regards
Nav

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:54 am

Naveed583 wrote:Hi there
just need a bit of information my wife is British citizen i am holding (ILR) have 2 British child will be trailing with my family to Itlay next month .i am sure i can get visa stamped if i apply EEA Family member Visa application.
Question! can i travel back on my own ?my family will be staying there for 4 weeks and i need to come back in 2 weeks time .Can i travel back on my own ?
Regards
Nav
What do you mean exactly by get visa stamped? If you read my earlier reply to the OP in this thread you will see that as a spouse of a British citizen even with ILR you will require an Italian Schengen visa. The airline won't permit you to travel out of the UK without this.

If you hold a Schengen visa you will be able to return on your own.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.