ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dianajaan
Newly Registered

Parents visitor visa

Post by dianajaan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:41 am

Hi,
I'm uk citizen,I'm living with my husband and 2 kids. and I want to invite my mum in here for couple of weeks she will stay at my address and she is paying all her expense by her own because I'm student and not working.
I'm really confuse I don't know how to do. I really need your help please answer these questions
Do i fill The visit application form for my mum?
What documents i should include and what documents my need?
Do I need relationship confirmation that she is my mum or no?
Dose my mum need travel insurance? If yes I should get from uk?
Shall i send all the original documents and application form by post to my mum
it's ok to scan all the documents from my side with the application form and send through email to my mum
I will really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Diana

baba_baba

Re: Parents visitor visa

Post by baba_baba » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 am

You need all original documents.
She needs to show that she can afford her trip without access to public funds in the UK. Also, she should prove she has adequate accommodation in the UK. You need to provide a letter of invitation and maybe your birth certificate to prove your relationship.

She also needs to demonstrate that she had strong family ties in her own country that she will return to her own country.

dianajaan
Newly Registered

Post by dianajaan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Hello,
Thanks for the reply . I need some information about invitation letter. And which form I should fill for inviting my mum because I couldn't find on the gov.uk site.
Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:55 pm

dianajaan wrote:Hello,
Thanks for the reply . I need some information about invitation letter. And which form I should fill for inviting my mum because I couldn't find on the gov.uk site.
Thanks
There is no form on the gov.uk site
You will need to make yourself one
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.