ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequacy of accommodation pls help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zach93
Newly Registered

Adequacy of accommodation pls help

Post by Zach93 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:08 am

Hi,

Im currently on a tier 4 visa and recently married. as i'm preparing for the online application on FLR M,i noticed the requirement of adequate accommodation. it stated that the ECO should be satisfied that the accommodation complies with the following :

it is( or will be owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple
and
it is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children without overcrowding

my question is, Me and my partner are currently living with his mother in a two bedroom house. his mother provides us exclusive use of one of the room. the problem is that she is a tenant and not the owner, and she is claiming housing benefits. The landlord is aware of me moving in. his mother has been living here for 5 years and the tenancy agreement she possesses does not show the amount of rent or period where the tenancy ends. i, therefore, concluded that the statutory periodic tenancy applies. how do i show that her son and me is living here legally? would a letter from her and the landlord confirming it be sufficient?

how do i prove the number of rooms and etc, is a letter from the tenant(his mom) and letter from landlord stating the property has 2 rooms , 1 Spam, 1 living room and 1 bathroom enoughh?

I was told that being an international student i need not pay council tax? is this true? cause i did not pay any council tax for the time being, and i have stayed in her house since last year.

Zach93
Newly Registered

Re: Adequacy of accommodation pls help

Post by Zach93 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:35 am

type wrong for the spam.

how do i prove the number of rooms and etc, is a letter from the tenant(his mom) and letter from landlord stating the property has 2 rooms , 1 Spam, 1 living room and 1 bathroom enough?

many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:42 am

Zach93 wrote:type wrong for the spam. k i t c h e n

how do i prove the number of rooms and etc, is a letter from the tenant(his mom) and letter from landlord stating the property has 2 rooms , 1 Spam, 1 living room and 1 bathroom enough? This should be sufficient. The landlord will also have to confirm in the letter that they agree with you living in the property.

many thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zach93
Newly Registered

Post by Zach93 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:01 pm

thank you so much casa for the prompt reply.

my partner's mom will get her tenancy agreement renew for a new fixed term. a letter from my partner's mom granting exclusive use of one bedroom and another letter from the landlord saying she is fine with me and my partner staying here rent free and will be allowed to stay. both the letters will also provide description of the house( number of bedroom, Spam and etc).

i have read from other post, that some people use property inspection report, is this important? as i'm on a budget, and wanna try to save as much as i can. but if it is vital towards the granting of visa, i would have to get it. please shed light on this matter.

thank you so much.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Zach93 wrote:thank you so much casa for the prompt reply.

my partner's mom will get her tenancy agreement renew for a new fixed term. a letter from my partner's mom granting exclusive use of one bedroom and another letter from the landlord saying she is fine with me and my partner staying here rent free and will be allowed to stay. both the letters will also provide description of the house( number of bedroom, Spam and etc).

i have read from other post, that some people use property inspection report, is this important? as i'm on a budget, and wanna try to save as much as i can. but if it is vital towards the granting of visa, i would have to get it. please shed light on this matter.

thank you so much.
You won't need one. This is a requirement for houses in multiple occupancy.

The Board's word censor auto changes k i t c h e n to spam.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zach93
Newly Registered

Post by Zach93 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:06 am

thank you so much for helping. really appreciate it :)