ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family of a settled person visa only applies to?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

new2here
Newly Registered

Family of a settled person visa only applies to?

Post by new2here » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:12 pm

...parents, partners, and private life in the UK?

I read the documentation online and it doesn't look like any accommodations are made for family ie. aunts, nieces etc.

I am understanding this correctly, right?

"Family visas: extend your stay in the UK...

Section 6. "Apply"

...Partner (2-year and 5-year routes)
You can apply either:

by post or in person - fill in form FLR(M)

Family life as a parent (5-year and 10-year routes)

Apply by post or in person - fill in form FLR(FP).

Family life as a partner (10-year route) and private life in the UK (10-year route)
You can apply either:

by post or in person - fill in the form FLR(FP)."

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Family of a settled person visa only applies to?

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:18 pm

It would save time if you explained your situation as from your other thread you appear to currently be outside of the UK and intending to apply for a Tier 2 visa. :?:

employment-offers-and-job-seekers/compa ... l#p1490710
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:57 pm

new2here wrote:I read the documentation online and it doesn't look like any accommodations are made for family ie. aunts, nieces etc.
Family as in nuclear family; applicant, spouse and children. Even parents do not count. It is practically impossible for non-EEA parents of current British citizens to relocate to the UK.

Are you looking for a Tier 2 visa for yourself? If so, family of a settled person visa is the wrong type of application. You should be looking at the relevant PBS dependent application for the rest of your family (spouse and children).

You only get settled status if you already have either ILR, PR or either British or Irish citizenship. So, a British citizen needs to apply through the family of a settled person visa route, but not a Tier 2 applicant.

If you give us more details of yourself, such as what is your current UK Immigration status, what is the current UK immigration status of your spouse and children, we can guide you better.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

new2here
Newly Registered

Post by new2here » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:34 am

Thanks to both of you.

I'm in the U.K. I've just been doing some research on what options are available.

I thought that the family visa would be a possibility (but it looks like it's limited to parents, children, spouse, and private life).

I also came across UK residence card, but on the application form for applying as an extended family member, it says:

"Please do not use this application form if you are the ‘extended’ family member of a British citizen
as there is no provision to issue a registration certificate or a residence card. Pl
ease
read the
guidance on our website for further information.

Version 03/2017

This form is to be used for applications made on or after 22 March 2017

You will only be considered for a registration certificate or residence card as the extended
family member of an EEA national. You will not be considered for anything else. You must
use a different form if you want to stay for another reason."

Damn! Lol. Wow. Now, this is all understandable you know. Peter pay for Paul, people come in and abuse the system etc., safeguarding the interests of your nationals etc. etc. but it's become SO difficult to even hope for the possibility.

I'm a uni graduate from overseas and I want to get experience that goes hand in hand with what I studied at university because I want a career in that field.

Unfortunately, my work experience so far is in NO WAY related to my field and everybody wants experience in order for you to get the job, but you also need a job to get experience.

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I feel SO depressed, so down...like this is not where I imagined myself at this stage in my life. So many goals, so many plans but alas.

Anyway, I don't wanna cry.

To anyone reading this who's probably in a similar situation, as cliche as this might sound, please KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND DON'T GIVE UP!

Have a good morning everyone.