ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Visa Category?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Masg
Newly Registered

Which Visa Category?

Post by Masg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:43 pm

My residence permit from FLR(M) application is about to expire and I need to get an extension. However, 6 months ago my husband got a job in switzerland and we moved out of the UK. I still want to extend my UK residence permit since we are planning to move back by end 2017/early 2018. Which category do i apply in?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which Visa Category?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:07 pm

If your are both not living in the UK, you likely don't qualify for an extension.

What evidence if "present and settled" in the UK do either of you have as there is substantial documents for the previous two years you are required to submit including proof of income.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Masg
Newly Registered

Post by Masg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:09 pm

My husband is a british citizen and we have bank+gas/electric+water+council bills for the two years. We also have a house on mortgage but thats only under my husbands name. Would that help?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Neither of you are living and working in the UK, therefore not present and settled, which is a requirement at the time of FLR(M) extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Masg
Newly Registered

Post by Masg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Is it possible to get an extension in another category?

Muira
United States of America

Post by Muira » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Masg, you stated that you have moved out of the country, therefore you do not meet the requirement of "being settled in the UK" for an extension of your leave to remain.

Please see link below for the eligibility requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility