ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW HSMP POINT SYSTEM FROM APRIL

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kABALEESWARAN
Newly Registered

NEW HSMP POINT SYSTEM FROM APRIL

Post by kABALEESWARAN » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:23 pm

New point system is coming into effect from April.PLease check the site
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... wpbsbegins

As far as my understanding new HSMP rule will come to effect from April.But ppl cuurently in UK on HSMP,who want their HSMP extended,from Feb 29 ,new HSMP rules have to be followed.

But I cant find a link that explains more abt the new points system

Please corrrect me if wrong

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok..
Looks like
1)From 1st March rules for FLR will be changed(Now it will be Tier 1)
2)From 1st April ,all HSMP applicants from INDIA will be under tier 1
3)From Summer(say July/Aug) all HSMP applications from world wide will be under Tier 1..

Nothing new i suppose , only thing is thay have CONFIRMED the dates for new system..Now i will wait for NEW FORMS for FLR and Tier 1..

milz
Newly Registered

Post by milz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:50 pm

A helpful link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... s/pbsdocs/

Here they have the 'Statement of Intent' for Tier 1.

vora

Post by vora » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:12 pm

So when the new categories which are part of the Tier1 will be implemented in UK ? 29 the Feb ?? I'm especially concerned about Tier1 - Post Study category as i'm currently on IGS and under transitional arrangements planning to get one year extension.
It is an extension of existing visa but currently not a category considered as 'Highly skilled' which they have mentioned in the announcement.

dejavu
Newly Registered

Post by dejavu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:00 am

Hi, on home office website 29 of Feb has been announced today. It is applied to UK applicants.

I currently work in UK fulltime on a working holiday visa.

Under of Annex D of 'statement of intent' it states that:

"People with leave as Working holidaymakers, will not be able to switch into any highly skilled subcategory. "

does that mean I wont be able to apply for HSMP after 29 Feb??

Thanks!!!

Aary

Post by Aary » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:20 am

Is feb 29 for HSMP extensions only or does it also apply to WP to HSMP[tier 1] transfers.

claytoncrabtree
Newly Registered

Post by claytoncrabtree » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:31 pm

So I am currently in the UK on a work permit. I want to switch to the HSMP on 1st March. Does that sound feasible after these new announcements?

visa_help
Newly Registered

Post study work

Post by visa_help » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:50 pm

I am on IGS as well. Looking forward for Post Study work One year extension. Hopefully i am expecting them to implement on 1st March.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Yesterdays announcement indicates first applicants under Tier 1 begin on 29 February 2008:

UK - new points based system to begin in February
07 February 2008

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks admin

Two Important news I got from http://www.workpermit.com/news/2008-02- ... bruary.htm

1. For HSMP extension Fees is raising from £350 to £750 .. £ 400 rise :o

2. IELTS requirement going to be now minimum 6.5 (not sure whether average or in each module)

antouk

Post by antouk » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 am

hey guys,

the link given by admin talks only about revised IELTS band. Any idea whether letter from university will be considered under the new rules ?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 pm

The UK Tier 1 Points Calculator is online. You must be proficient in English (there's a check button for it).

And, to answer questions about English levels required, there is a link that goes to this page:

General Highly Skilled Migrants (UK Tier 1)

English language ability is outlined just under the earnings & age requirements.

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

hnadeem
Newly Registered

UK degree certified using NARIC

Post by hnadeem » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi All

According to the new PBS for HSMP(FLR), if the degree is from MMU UK just wondering if I still need to verify it using the NARIC apart from the letter confirming the degree was taught in English?

Thanks

antouk

Post by antouk » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:40 am

thanks a ton admin. second link answers my question.

still some queries,
1. i didnt get naric letter for my degree taught in english, do i need to get it when applying for FLR?
2. The link says 10 points for English ability. HSMP system doesnt award any points for English language ability, does the tier 1 really award any points?

Arif
Newly Registered

Re: UK degree certified using NARIC

Post by Arif » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:43 am

hnadeem wrote:Hi All

According to the new PBS for HSMP(FLR), if the degree is from MMU UK just wondering if I still need to verify it using the NARIC apart from the letter confirming the degree was taught in English?

Thanks
Hi Nadeem, I was told that even if you have a degree from a UK uni, you still have to provide a letter from the Uni stating that the degree was taught in English. I don;t think one needs to go for the NARIC verification.

hnadeem
Newly Registered

Post by hnadeem » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:28 am

Arif wrote:
hnadeem wrote:Hi All

Thanks
Hi Nadeem, I was told that even if you have a degree from a UK uni, you still have to provide a letter from the Uni stating that the degree was taught in English. I don;t think one needs to go for the NARIC verification.
Arif Thank you!! I have to apply for my extension by mid March and quite ready with the all the relevant documents. However the most confusing issue was the new English language proficiency, thanks for clarifying this again I have already received the letter from Uni and as you said simply I can avoid the NARIC verification.

iman
Newly Registered

New Release

Post by iman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:13 am

All,

It seems some more information has been released for new HSMP. Please go through the below link. This is from Economic Times , leading newspaper in India.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/New ... urpg-2.cms

Does it mean the present HSMP holders would have to renew there hsmp applications under the new scheme or new scheme ?

iman

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:07 am

hnadeem wrote:
Arif Thank you!! I have to apply for my extension by mid March and quite ready with the all the relevant documents. However the most confusing issue was the new English language proficiency, thanks for clarifying this again I have already received the letter from Uni and as you said simply I can avoid the NARIC verification.
If your extension is due in mid of March, then I will strongly advice you to apply for extension Before Feb 29th

Applying before atmost 5 weeks is only recommendation not rule. If you say some genuine reason they usually to use to accept.And they cant reject based on early application as per present rules.

If you apply now you can get 3 years extension also fees is less

Why wasting your money by applying after march? also there is possibility of getting only 2 years extension

hnadeem
Newly Registered

Post by hnadeem » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:52 am

hari15 wrote: If your extension is due in mid of March, then I will strongly advice you to apply for extension Before Feb 29th

Applying before atmost 5 weeks is only recommendation not rule. If you say some genuine reason they usually to use to accept.And they cant reject based on early application as per present rules.

If you apply now you can get 3 years extension also fees is less

Why wasting your money by applying after march? also there is possibility of getting only 2 years extension
Thanks for your wonderful advice. My visa is valid until 28th April and I thought of going with the 5 weeks rules. Do you still feel I can apply for the extension circa by next week if I give a genuine reason?

Regards
Hassan

hur
Newly Registered

FLR after Feb 29-With HSMP1 Initial approval got before Feb

Post by hur » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Aary wrote:Is feb 29 for HSMP extensions only or does it also apply to WP to HSMP[tier 1] transfers.

I am currently in UK on Work Permit. Have applied for HSMP Initial approval and expecting the decision before Feb 29. But I will not be able to apply for FLR before Feb 29 as I have to go back to India. In view of the new rules, are there any problems to apply (from India) EC after Feb 29 with the approval got from within UK?. Please respond..

Thanks..
Last edited by hur on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:46 pm

hnadeem wrote:
Thanks for your wonderful advice. My visa is valid until 28th April and I thought of going with the 5 weeks rules. Do you still feel I can apply for the extension circa by next week if I give a genuine reason?

Regards
Hassan
Many are applying before 4 / 5 months and had got extension.

For you its only one month it cannot be a problem at all. Just metion some genuine reason for it in covering letter. In your case I dont think even that is required.

that atmost 5 weeks is Not a rule, its just recommendation. I have even got a email reply from home office regarding that few weeks back
Last edited by hari15 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

nachieket

Post by nachieket » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:24 am

Guys I am really confused over posts here. Can someone make it simple by answering following question?

I am applying from INDIA and applying for HSMP for the first time. Do I need to apply before 29th FEB to avoid TIER 1 or I can wait and apply before 31st of MARCH to avoid TIER 1? Does anyone has confirmed news on this? I checked on HSMP site and below is written over there:

##################

New and revised immigration application forms

Last Updated: 08 February 2008

New and revised immigration application forms are to be specified for applications made on or after 29 February 2008. These forms will be available later this month.

The forms that will be changing are the following:

Extension of stay or further leave to remain

* BUS - business person, sole representative, retired person of independent means, investor, innovator
* FLR(IGS) - International Graduates Scheme
* FLR(M) - husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of a permanent resident
* FLR(S) - students, student nurse, prospective student or sabbatical officer, exam resits, thesis writing
* FLR(FT:WISS) - Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
* FLR(IED) - work permit holders
* FLR(O) - other categories

Settlement, permanent residence or indefinite leave to remain

* BUS - business person, sole representative, retired person of independent means, investor, innovator
* SET(DV) - victim of domestic violence
* SET(F) - family member of a permanent resident
* SET(M) - husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of a permanent resident
* SET(O) - other categories

Other

* NTLTOC - transfer of residence permit from an old to a new passport
* COA - certificate of approval for marriage or civil partnership in the United Kingdom

###################

Now it seems this does not include HSMP. But still wanted to confirm from you guys if someone is sure about it?

satheeshkumar

Period to stay away from uk - HSMP initial approval

Post by satheeshkumar » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Hello All,
Can someone tell me how much time / months one can stay away from UK after getting initial HSMP approval?

Say, if i go on some onsite visit to some other country for 6 months (say March 2008) and while i apply for HSMP now, if i get HSMP initial approval in a months time (say by march 15th), then after 6 months i will need to enter UK immedietly from that country, which will be difficult.

So whats the kind of time period we can stay away from UK after the approval?

Also, is it 6 months from initial approval or from the time we get EC?

Regards,
Satheesh

hendrikswan
Newly Registered

10 points for English Language Ability count toward min 75?

Post by hendrikswan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 pm

antouk wrote:thanks a ton admin. second link answers my question.

still some queries,
1. i didnt get naric letter for my degree taught in english, do i need to get it when applying for FLR?
2. The link says 10 points for English ability. HSMP system doesnt award any points for English language ability, does the tier 1 really award any points?
I also want to know whether the 10 points for English Lanaguage Ability in this page http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk-immigra ... grants.htm count towards the minimum 75 points.