ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Housing when my wife is on a spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agronl
Newly Registered

Applying for Housing when my wife is on a spouse visa

Post by agronl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi,

My wife came to UK on a spouse visa in Novemeber 2006. Now we have a son (4 months old).

The question I want to ask is as follows.

Currently I live in a studio flat, very small and am planning to move into a 1 bedroom flat. My problem is that with my current salary it is very difficult to afford a 1 bedroom flat. Therefore I intend to go to my local Council Housing Association to ask if they can pay maybe half of my rent.

As my wife is on a spouse visa, she is not entitled to Public Funds so if I apply just for myself and my son for Housing help, is this going to be a problem when my wife applies for the ILR visa?

It would be great if someone could clarify this.

Apologies for writing such a long explanation, but I hope I have made myself clear.

Many thanks,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Will be ok provided you declare your spouse and child are living with you and declare any income they recieve, inc Child Benefit.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....