ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neelp223
Newly Registered

Delay in Tier 2 visa

Post by neelp223 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:22 pm

i have applied for tier 2 general migrant from ahmedabad vfs on 11th may, received mail from Sheffield office on 18th may, on 1st June i called up uk international inquiry, i was informed that decision has been made on 26th May, i should get passport by 5 working days, but its been more than 9 working days and there is no response from UKVI or vfs.
My Cos and joining date was 5th June, today my employer wrote to me that they need to inform home office about my non arrival to uk. i am worried, as this is completely out of my hands.
what could be the possible outcome?
is there is any way to contact Mumbai Embassy or High Commission?

gauravbatra

Re: Delay in Tier 2 visa

Post by gauravbatra » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi, I am in the same situation. When I called them I was informed that decision was made kn 12th May and after that no email and no sms from vfs. It's been more than 3 wmweeks now.

neelp223
Newly Registered

Post by neelp223 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Exactly there is no email from the vfs or from UKVI about the application process and the decision made. It is when i inquired with email as well via phone then got to know status that application has been processed on 26th May itself. There is no tracking services or even contact of the embassy or high commission to know where the passport is exactly been stuck. I had to report at work on 5th June, the date is already gone!

Priyankar
Newly Registered

Post by Priyankar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:00 am

I am facing same situation. Did either of you get your passport back?

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:13 am

I got it yesterday.

balajichitiraivel
Newly Registered

Post by balajichitiraivel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:57 am

I spoke with UKVI team and got an update that decision has been made yesterday. Still i have to do wait for 10working days. Its been 2 months(April 19) after submitting my application.
Any idea how long it will take to collect my passport. Please advise.

Charmeire
Newly Registered

Post by Charmeire » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:44 pm

My tier 2 General visa decision was made on 31st May, 2017 but till now I haven't gotten any email from VFS regarding collection. My case was escalated two weeks back but still no answer. It's worrisome.
Does anyone know where my passport can be possibly

ayeshaahmad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ayeshaahmad » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 pm

charmeir have you got your passport?