ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension - Any problems faced in submitting documents?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karupalli

HSMP extension - Any problems faced in submitting documents?

Post by karupalli » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Please let us know problems faced in HSMP extension so that we can be prepared.
Last edited by karupalli on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: All HSP extension rejections - Please post here.

Post by olisun » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 pm

karupalli wrote:Please let us know reason of rejection so that we can be prepared.
prepared for what?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:48 am

Anybody who got rejected in HSMP extension wont be in a position to explain it here.

Because rejection in extension is a very worst scenario than rejection in Initial HSMP.

Atleast Initial HSMP rejection wont affect one's life, it will affect only his future plans

But extension failure will affect one's life. One who is already settled with family in UK need to go back.

I wish nobody should face that worst scenario. I wish this thread not to get any post

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:03 pm

I have actually tried to find out if anyone has been rejected flr hsmp and I could not find none. Those who didn't get anytime when the new rules came out in nov 2006, applied striaght away for asylum. Others who got atleast a couple of months then started to extend by transitional mode.
And now after a year has passed it would be just sheer bad luck if someone did get their flr rejected.

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:05 pm

I have dealt with a matter where extension has been refused but one more year has been given. Facts are that initial EC was given for one year on 23 Oct.2006 and she entered UK on 03 Nov.2006. She could not score 6 band in IELTS due to illness . Request was made in the covering letter of FLR(HSMP) to give one year more as initial EC was for one year instead of two years.Accordingly FLR was refused with no right of appeal but residence permit for one more year was given.Towards the end of that FLR would be applied again as now in next attempt desired band has been achieved.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:30 pm

herts wrote:Those who didn't get anytime when the new rules came out in nov 2006, applied striaght away for asylum.
Where did you get this info from?

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:26 pm

from hsmpforum ltd website

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 pm

herts wrote:from hsmpforum ltd website
And you believed it???

Highly Skilled Candidates seeking Asylum....

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:39 pm

hertz if a HSMP candidate apply for asylum it will rejected for 100% (unless he is from such a country where there is a constant civil war)

But what you said may be true in other sense, may be few of those who got rejected but got well settled in UK , may not actually returning back to home country but overstaying illegally hoping in favour of that 14 years illegal stay rule

I am just guessing this.

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:23 pm

These people are definitely thieves who steal the place from genuine asylum seeker. People, who is between life deaths. These people should be kicked put form the country.

olisun wrote:
herts wrote:Those who didn't get anytime when the new rules came out in nov 2006, applied striaght away for asylum.
Where did you get this info from?

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:00 pm

What HO has done applying rules retrospectively is also not fair.
Think if any of us would be in their position and not eligiblefor 75 points and if someone says asylum is the only way out what would you do, say no I am happy to go back home and not use asylum.
Well how many of asylum cases are also genuine ?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:44 pm

herts wrote:What HO has done applying rules retrospectively is also not fair.
That is 100% true. Infact UK is the only country who is having this type of rule. They are talking about Australian style system. But both in Australian and Canadian system they have to pass the Criterias only one time. and then on prooving that they can maintain themselves without public fund they can get permenant residence.

Now having 2nd test after 2/3 years in UK system, is actually going to work against them. Now majority of initial HSMP applicants not having any long term plans in UK because of this rule. They want to use Initial HSMP approval like WHM visa and to earn as much money as possible in initial 2 or 3 years and to return back to home country. They neither bother about extension nor about settlement.

If majority of HSMP applicant comes and goes that way, UK will actually loose in economy because they will invest their earned money in their home country and not in UK.

Having the criteria as able to maintain & accomodate himself without public fund is right and genuine for extension. Any more criterias cannot be justified at all it is not good in long term for both the HSMP holders and the nation's economy.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 pm

hari15 wrote:
herts wrote:What HO has done applying rules retrospectively is also not fair.
That is 100% true. Infact UK is the only country who is having this type of rule. They are talking about Australian style system. But both in Australian and Canadian system they have to pass the Criterias only one time. and then on prooving that they can maintain themselves without public fund they can get permenant residence.

Now having 2nd test after 2/3 years in UK system, is actually going to work against them. Now majority of initial HSMP applicants not having any long term plans in UK because of this rule. They want to use Initial HSMP approval like WHM visa and to earn as much money as possible in initial 2 or 3 years and to return back to home country. They neither bother about extension nor about settlement.

If majority of HSMP applicant comes and goes that way, UK will actually loose in economy because they will invest their earned money in their home country and not in UK.

Having the criteria as able to maintain & accomodate himself without public fund is right and genuine for extension. Any more criterias cannot be justified at all it is not good in long term for both the HSMP holders and the nation's economy.
Hari, the majority of HSMP applicants, atleast from India, would be making circa 40-50k before moving here. Do you really think they`ll leave in a couple of years if they are earning 5 times that amount in this country? I somehow doubt it...

The people who are likely to leave are non doms, after the Govt's new proposals to levy a £ 30k charge on them from this year but hardly any of them would be on HSMP.These people have shedloads of money and can easily up sticks and move to the next tax haven, unlike most HSMP holders.

The only situation that would prompt a mass exodus of HSMP holders from this country would be a significant jump (atleast 2-3X) of wages in India in the near term and that's a near impossible prospect given the way the IT industry is going..

karupalli

rejections

Post by karupalli » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:48 pm

I was actually trying to see if anybody is getting rejected. Obvious reason for rejection would be salary ofcourse. But It seems majority HSMPs are getting extension which is good. Also if there are reasons like
1. Payslips are not stamped.
2. More supporting documents required...
Then others who are preparing extension document can be bit more careful in providing those documents.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Someone should actually ask HO that can they give out the number of people's flr rejected after the new rules came out in nov 2006.

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: rejections

Post by hari15 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:55 pm

karupalli wrote:I was actually trying to see if anybody is getting rejected. Obvious reason for rejection would be salary ofcourse. But It seems majority HSMPs are getting extension which is good. Also if there are reasons like
Then others who are preparing extension document can be bit more careful in providing those documents.
Hi karupalli,
For extensions payslips not necessarily need to be stamped if they are in Formal UK style payslips (green or blue payslip). However providing employers letter additional to that will be safe

For example my employer doesnt have any stamp at all, they use to provide in formal payslip. I just got it signed

I read caseworker guidelines. there is no problem if it is in Uk style formal payslip

(But out of country initial applicants must provide payslips either stamped or in letter head)

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Also in extension applications. They dont use to reject directly based on requirement of more evidences as in Initial applications.

If we are short of some evidences they usually use to tell us to provide that and give us some time for it.

Only in staright forward cases like not enough points they will reject directly

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Guys,
Do u know if we need to submit PAssport ALONG with FLR application??Or do we need to submit them AFTER we get FLR-Approval??

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:45 pm

YOU NEED TO SUBMITT YOUR PASSPORT WITH THE APPLICATION FORM. There is nothing like FLR approval. You are either get Residence Permit (FLR) stamped or you are rejected (though you have right of appeal). Some case workers may ask you additional documents as well before rejecting you.
ashishashah wrote:Guys,
Do u know if we need to submit PAssport ALONG with FLR application??Or do we need to submit them AFTER we get FLR-Approval??
Thinking low is crime....

ganshyam
Newly Registered

Post by ganshyam » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi Karupalli,

I would suggest you to become member of HSMP Forum, they have lots of information there on hsmp holders refusals. check the links in their site. People seem to have been making appeals to the courts. I am not sure who told you majority are getting extensions ?? i find that majority are getting refusals.

Check some of the links in this site on the immigration appeals made by people.

http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/resource.html

But i heard that there has been a reported case in the Immigration tribunal due to which they are turning down HSMP appeals against the changes. But everyone seems to be waiting for the Judicial Review filed by www.hsmpforum.org
karupalli wrote:I was actually trying to see if anybody is getting rejected. Obvious reason for rejection would be salary ofcourse. But It seems majority HSMPs are getting extension which is good. Also if there are reasons like

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:45 pm

ganshyam wrote:Hi Karupalli,

I would suggest you to become member of HSMP Forum, they have lots of information there on hsmp holders refusals. check the links in their site. People seem to have been making appeals to the courts. I am not sure who told you majority are getting extensions ?? i find that majority are getting refusals.

But i heard that there has been a reported case in the Immigration tribunal due to which they are turning down HSMP appeals against the changes. But everyone seems to be waiting for the Judicial Review filed by www.hsmpforum.org
Hi ganshyam,
I think the case which you are taking is different from what Karupalli was aking.

Karupalli was asking about documents related rejections in extension if we already have that 75 points and achieved english requirement

What you are saying is the rejection for those who doesnt achieved that 75 points. That is totally a different scenario altogether.

I hope the hearing is due in court. Lets hope the best for all.

at the same time we cant trust anything. It will be better if we try to fit ourselves as per the new rules if our extension is due after atleast 6 months, rather than believing that Court or Govt will withdraw the rules.

If they withdraw, it is good for all. But we cant hope that for 100%

ganshyam
Newly Registered

Post by ganshyam » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:35 pm

okay, probably the thread title and initial posts are confusing.
hari15 wrote:
ganshyam wrote:Hi Karupalli,

Hi ganshyam,
I think the case which you are taking is different from what Karupalli was aking.

Karupalli was asking about documents related rejections in extension if we already have that 75 points and achieved english requirement

What you are saying is the rejection for those who doesnt achieved that 75 points. That is totally a different scenario altogether.

I hope the hearing is due in court. Lets hope the best for all.

at the same time we cant trust anything. It will be better if we try to fit ourselves as per the new rules if our extension is due after atleast 6 months, rather than believing that Court or Govt will withdraw the rules.

If they withdraw, it is good for all. But we cant hope that for 100%

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:22 am

One of the new post which could be started in this regards is, Anyone got flr hsmp refusal after April 2007. Why I am talking about 4 months after the new rules came into effect can anyone guess that.

karupalli

changed the subject

Post by karupalli » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:05 pm

Soory .. I have changed the subject of the thread. I meant to find out the problems in extensions (even though you achieve 75 points). For example : I have this question - do I need to get my payslips stamped?

I want to find out anybody got objection from HO that he didn't submit paylisps WITHOUT stamp for extension?

Any DOB issues? ...

In other thread somebody mentioned that his extension got rejected as he didn't submit original degree (even though it was not required).

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:33 am

I haven't supplied original masters degree for points as I had submitted them during my initial approval. But I have supplied original bachelors degree for english language requirement.