ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen and non-EU spouse, VFS global confuse me!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

e2saleh
Newly Registered

British citizen and non-EU spouse, VFS global confuse me!

Post by e2saleh » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:40 am

Hi,

I've seen similar posts but none covers the issues that am having. I am British citizen and my wife is non-Eu national. She holds UK visa (spouse of British citizen-2.5 years). We aim to go to Italy for a scientific conference that I am invited to and she is joining me as a tourist.
1- The type of visa that she needs to apply for is tourist visa although it is business trip for me, please correct me if am wrong.
2- In the application, a question on being spouse of EU, EEA. I assume we should say (No) although the UK is part of the EU, or maybe we should say yes to this?!
3- The application asks whether an invitation from the host was sent or not. We have an invitation addressed to me (the husband) but her name is not in it, so shall we say there is an invitation or not?!
4- Finally, a question on the cost covered. The options that VFS website (who runs the visa applications) does not give many choices! The system does not allow me to say it is partly covered by the organisation (the hotel for instance) but things like food and travel will be covered by us as a family-hence I may need to include bank statements. Very limited details are allowed to be entered in the VFS website!

Sorry long questions but I assume there will be short answers to most of them.

Thanks

waqasars

Re: British citizen and non-EU spouse, VFS global confuse me

Post by waqasars » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:14 am

1- The type of visa that she needs to apply for is tourist visa although it is business trip for me, please correct me if am wrong.

She needs to apply as tourist. It is a business trip for you.

2- In the application, a question on being spouse of EU, EEA. I assume we should say (No) although the UK is part of the EU, or maybe we should say yes to this?!

You should mention (Yes) as UK is part of EU.

3- The application asks whether an invitation from the host was sent or not. We have an invitation addressed to me (the husband) but her name is not in it, so shall we say there is an invitation or not?!

Well she dont have any invitation so you cannot write about invitation. But you can write a cover letter with her visa application and mention that you are going for a business trip and she will I'll accompany you.

4- Finally, a question on the cost covered. The options that VFS website (who runs the visa applications) does not give many choices! The system does not allow me to say it is partly covered by the organisation (the hotel for instance) but things like food and travel will be covered by us as a family-hence I may need to include bank statements. Very limited details are allowed to be entered in the VFS website!

If you see visa application form on 33 they are asking about travel and living expenses. So you can write there.
No .33 Travel and Living Expenses During Your Stay Are Covered by?

e2saleh
Newly Registered

Post by e2saleh » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Many thanks mate. I've chosen Yes to the question on being family member of EU. Weird enough the VFS website didn't require any details about expenses or invitation when I selected Yes, whereas when I said No it asked for finance details and many other things. Will take bank details and confirmation of invitation just in case. I've been told the VFS office can be fussy and might send you back if any document is missing although it might not have been requested in the checklist!

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:43 am

As spouse of Eu citizen there is no need of bank statement and travel insurance etc. But It is always good if you can attach these documents with your application.

As you select family member of EU citizen so dont forget to attach your marriage certificate.