ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 => Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HarryJones

Tier 1 => Tier 2

Post by HarryJones » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:35 am

A friend needs an advice.
She applied for a 5 years Tier 1 (G) ILR. Visa is already expired. She did tax amendment and was sent questionnaires to complete. She is looking for a Tier 2 sponsor - can she change to Tier 2 now at this stage is she eventually gets a sponsor?
If her ILR is refused (I hope not), can she apply for Tier 2 before Admin Review?

HarryJones

Re: Tier 1 => Tier 2

Post by HarryJones » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:43 am

Just to make it clearer:

1. what does she need to do to get the Tier 2 without leaving the country based on her scenarios?
2. Will she be able to get ILR after another 5 years based on Tier 2

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am

I feel time is moving against her now.
what advice would the guru give?

rchadha123

Post by rchadha123 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:43 pm

HarryJones wrote:She is looking for a Tier 2 sponsor - can she change to Tier 2 now at this stage is she eventually gets a sponsor?
If her ILR is refused (I hope not), can she apply for Tier 2 before Admin Review?
Please see below my understanding:

Yes, she can vary to Tier 2 any time before her ILR application has been decided.
She can apply for Tier 2 while she is covered under section 3C (usually it is within 14 days of receiving refusal or until UKVI have concluded the admin review, if she had applied for admin review).
However, please note that UKVI will refuse for the same reasons as ILR if UKVI believe deception was used in her previous application/s.
HarryJones wrote:Just to make it clearer:

1. what does she need to do to get the Tier 2 without leaving the country based on her scenarios?
2. Will she be able to get ILR after another 5 years based on Tier 2
1. Find an employer who is prepared to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship to sponsor Tier 2 General visa. Make application from within UK to vary existing ILR application Or new application within 14 days of refusal.
The application process is complicated and involves RLMT so I suggest searching for Tier 2 General guidance and reading through it.

2. Yes, provided she is not refused because of deception and meets all requirements for getting ILR after staying for 5 years under the Tier 2 General category. Again no one can predict what the rules will be for obtaining ILR in 5 years time.

Senior members feel free to correct me.

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:51 pm

If deception is given(hope not), at what point will the deception be wiped out?

Will deception be wiped out if she starts Tier 2 again from the beginning to reset the 5 year clock again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:29 pm

No, deception is not just 'wiped out'. It stays on your HO record.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:36 pm

I can't understand the need for all these 'tax amendments', what are they for?

Anyone with a competent accountant who understands the basic accounting concept of accruals and prepayments should never have to make amendments. Any out of year or overdue expenses should be accrued for.

No wonder the UKVI spidey-sense-o-meter goes off.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks to the Gurus.
The point she will like to know is if her clock resets within the country and she starts another 5 years on tier 2 general with any problem throughout, will she be able to get ILR after the 5 years period or else rather she will not bother to venture into that.

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:39 pm

what do you guys think then?