ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR RP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanda399
Newly Registered

FLR RP

Post by Wanda399 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Quick question - situation similar (not identical). I overstayed my visa for 10 years, couple years ago i gave birth to a baby girl (NHS fees all paid by my partner). Her father is British citizen and we have been living together for the past 7 years.

I would like to sort out my status, would FLR FP 10 Year Partner route be the correct form to fill out?

We want to get married and he thinks the correct way is to move back home and get married and apply for a spouse visa but i'm worried because i overstayed it will be difficult to get back in. Also i'm worried it will affect his mental health if he is separated from our daughter. He adores her...

I spoke to a solicitor (free advice) and they recommend we apply from within (but didn't mention which form).

Appreciate any helpful advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR RP

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:54 pm

If you're applying from within the UK it would be a FLR(FP) Partner route application. Assuming you have documented evidence of living together (a minimum of 2 years), you can apply as an unmarried partner.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanda399
Newly Registered

Post by Wanda399 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Thank you for your reply.

For clarification is this even i overstayed my visa?

Also, is FLR RP 5 year partner route also an option?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Wanda399 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

For clarification is this even i overstayed my visa? Yes

Also, is FLR RP 5 year partner route also an option? 10 year route due to being without valid leave
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanda399
Newly Registered

Post by Wanda399 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Casa wrote:
Wanda399 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

For clarification is this even i overstayed my visa? Yes

Also, is FLR RP 5 year partner route also an option? 10 year route due to being without valid leave
Thank you very much for your help.