ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Sylhet Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thekhan87
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa Sylhet Bangladesh

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi all,

I need some advice and guidance.

My wife applied 17th April 2017 at Sylhet visa application centre. I received a e-mail on 24th April 2017 from Sheffield ‘your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer’.

I contacted UKVI by e-mail 6th June 2017 and paid £5.48.

Received e-mail response on 8th June 2017. It was really shocking actually they requested the following :

1. TB certificate by e-mail. They wrote please send this certificate as a scanned attachment within 5 working days
2. English language requirement evidence by post to Sheffield Visa Section, Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4, 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NH
3. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your sponsors UK address

I was really shocked as my wife had provided the TB certificate and IELTS Life Skills A1 pass certificate to Sylhet visa application center this was all original documents. However the visa center just scanned everything returning all original documents sent with the exception of her passport. I don’t have a problem with the self-addressed postage!

As per there request I sent the TB certificate by e-mail attachment same day. I also sent a copy of the TB certificate as well as the English language requirement evidence alongside the e-mails I received by recorded delivery. The self-addressed envelope I sent to them was a pre-paid recorded delivery.

I called 9th June 2017. As I was really worried about sending a photocopy. Good thing I did call as I was told that I would need to send the original for IELTS Life Skills A1 pass certificate to them. I asked them about the status to as they had already pre-authorised a payment of £20 and was told current status ‘currently awaiting a decision’. Though a decision can take 12 weeks.

It is currently 8 weeks. Does this mean the above sounds like it’s a good sign or bad sign as they did not mention anything else about other documents sent i.e. bank statements and salary?
Do you think they may process my wifes visa application quicker?

Thanking you all in advance for your kind help and support. Much appreciated.

Mash17101

Re: UK Spouse Visa Sylhet Bangladesh

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:08 am

Hi im in the same boat my wife applied on the 6th april and i received an email saying that sheffield have received it.

I have checked the status many times and its been two weeks since the status has been awaiting a decision.

What this means is that the eco's assistants have checked all documents and have done all the enquires with regards to employment and background checks ie criminal record uk marriage registery.so know its with the eco anmd in a que and soon as its your turn the eco will make a decision on the same day based on all documents and evidance and the enquiries that have come back unless there not sure about something ita normally quick once its your turn at the moment on average its taking about two and half to three months.good luck inshaa allah youl get your decision soon will keep posted on mine.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 am

Mash17101 wrote:Hi im in the same boat my wife applied on the 6th april and i received an email saying that sheffield have received it.

I have checked the status many times and its been two weeks since the status has been awaiting a decision.

What this means is that the eco's assistants have checked all documents and have done all the enquires with regards to employment and background checks ie criminal record uk marriage registery.so know its with the eco anmd in a que and soon as its your turn the eco will make a decision on the same day based on all documents and evidance and the enquiries that have come back unless there not sure about something ita normally quick once its your turn at the moment on average its taking about two and half to three months.good luck inshaa allah youl get your decision soon will keep posted on mine.
Is it taking 2 and half to 3 months to go from "awaiting a decision" to "decided" or 2-3 months for the whole process from application date?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Its taking 2 to 3 months for the whole process.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 am

A friend of mine just applied for his wife last Thursday. Let's see how long it takes.

My wife still hasn't heard any news yet.
A friends who applied one is still outstanding since February and had past the 12 weeks time frame given. Since no response the husband contacted home office to get a response saying the case will be decided in due course. Another friend of hers
Applied in March since no response once they contacted home office response was strange please don't contact us your case will is complex.

From what I can see is I initially thought those that might be affected will be contacted by home office prior to the 12 weeks processing time. But those that are not contacted are to be given a decision.

I am hoping other people on here have had some luck.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:23 am

thekhan87 wrote:A friend of mine just applied for his wife last Thursday. Let's see how long it takes.

My wife still hasn't heard any news yet.
A friends who applied one is still outstanding since February and had past the 12 weeks time frame given. Since no response the husband contacted home office to get a response saying the case will be decided in due course. Another friend of hers
Applied in March since no response once they contacted home office response was strange please don't contact us your case will is complex.

From what I can see is I initially thought those that might be affected will be contacted by home office prior to the 12 weeks processing time. But those that are not contacted are to be given a decision.

I am hoping other people on here have had some luck.
Hi all,

Just updating everyone. I received a e-mail on 8th June from Sheffield visa office stating they want a TB certificate by e-mail they provided. In addition they requested English Language requirement evidence that must be delivered by post.

I sent off TB certificate same day. My wife sent off her IELTS Life Skills A1 Speaking and Listening certificate which is 'Approved secure English language tests and test centres' on the website :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

Her's was : IELTS SELT Consortium IDP BD050 IDP Sylhet Hotel Valley Garden Sylhet Tower, Sobhanighat,
Bishwa Road, Sylhet, Bangladesh
Bangladesh Permanent IELTS (all facets)
Life Skills

Now I am really confused. As today 27th June 2017 they sent back original certificate alongside the printed e-mail and the cover letter that my wife provided. Then the most confusing of them all is the exact same e-mail but without the date which mentions I must send English Language requirement to Sheffield visa office.

Now what shall I do guys?