ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GREECE VISA REVOCATION

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dineshkumar
Newly Registered

GREECE VISA REVOCATION

Post by dineshkumar » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Dear all,

I am a sri lankan National. Currently holding a position as a Business Travel Manager. I have recently received a Greece Tourist visa with 45 days multiple entry.

I was suppose to travel to Greece on Oman Air on 07th June, 2017 via Switzerland since my previous booking made at Qatar Airways ( Directly to Athens) had to be cancelled due to the crisis in Qatar. The Airport officials at the Sri Lankan Airport did not allow me to travel and they requested me to book a flight ticket to Athens .

Before I book my Flight Ticket to Switzerland, I have got the below confirmation from the Switzerland Embassy In Sri Lanka,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

If you have valid Schengen visa you can travel to Switzerland.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Visa Section

Embassy of Switzerland to Sri Lanka and the Maldives
63, Srimath R.G. Senanayake Mawatha (Gregory’s Rd.), Colombo 7, Sri Lanka
Tel. +94 11 269 12 20 (from Monday to Thursday - 02.00 p.m to 04.00 p.m )
Tel. +41 58 462 18 51
Fax +94 11 269 12 00
Fax +41 58 462 18 54
col.visa@eda.admin.ch
www.eda.admin.ch/colombo
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have booked my flight ticket on Gulf Air and my flight was suppose to take off at 5.25am. When, I went to the Airport Check-in counter they have requested me to obtain a confirmation from the Greece Embassy . ( Confirmation Email needed to travel from Greece Embassy regarding My visa)

This is really strange for me to note the way the airport officials behave.

I have contacted the Greece embassy regarding this matter on friday on 09/06/2017 and they have sent me an email saying that my visa has been revoked.

I do not know what to do on this.. it is really a big disappointment for me.

Definitely, i know this was messed up by the Oman Air officials.

Dear friends, please kindly help me on this.. what is the next step I have to do.

Thanks.

waqasars

Re: GREECE VISA REVOCATION

Post by waqasars » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:30 am

Did you ask them why they revoked your visa? If you have schengen visa you can go anywhere in Schengen zone.

Oman airline nothing to do with this.

dineshkumar
Newly Registered

Post by dineshkumar » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 am

Dear Friends,

Although the Greece embassy informed me via email that my visa had been revoked, I took the risks and traveled to Athens, on 15th June, 2017. I did not have any problem at the Immigration counter. After that I have traveled to Zurich , Switzerland. Now, I am in Switzerland... :D .. Feeling really happy..
Hope this information would be of useful to some of our readers.

Regards.

Dinesh

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:27 am

It means it was not revoked. Enjoy your trip.

SOTAAD
Newly Registered

Post by SOTAAD » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:20 am

Good morning everyone!
I am a non-EU citizen and my husband is Greek. After we got married, I received the 5 years permit card to Greece (I almost have it for a year and a half now). However, due to the locations of both our jobs, we had to move to the UK where I applied and recently received my 5 years residence permit for the UK.
I have 2 questions, it will be great if anyone if help me with them:

1- With the Greek residence permit, can I travel for tourism to other European countries like France, Italy, etc? Or I should still apply for visas to visit them?
2- The last time I visited Athens using the residence card is one year ago. I am planning to travel to Athens this August, will this card be expired or anything?

Any help is much appreciated :)