ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel internationally while waiting for new tier2?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itchyfeet123
Newly Registered

Can I travel internationally while waiting for new tier2?

Post by itchyfeet123 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 am

I have been on a tier 2 general for two years. My previous job finished a week ago, and the expiration date on my BRP is 16/6/2017.

I have been offered job with a new employer. I expect to get a CoS this week. I'll book an in-person appointment as soon as I get the CoS.

What happens if I go to Paris for a few days *after* I have had my appointment and presumably received a positive decision, but *before* I receive a new BRP? Am I correct that I won't trigger the cooling off period since I will already have applied for a new tier 2? Will the border agent be able to confirm that I have been approved for a visa, or do I run the risk of not being allowed back in or having to enter as a tourist?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Can I travel internationally while waiting for new tier2

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:56 pm

you need a BRP to re-enter the country.
Hence you cant leave without a brp

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Also unlikely that you would get an appointment for in person application before your visa expires on Friday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itchyfeet123
Newly Registered

Post by itchyfeet123 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Stay-cation it is then!
CR001 wrote:Also unlikely that you would get an appointment for in person application before your visa expires on Friday.
Well, there was one appointment available on Friday, at 8am, more than an hour's travel from my home. I didn't take it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 am

Well you can't book an appointment until you have your CoS as the appointment is part of the online application process and to start that you need the CoS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itchyfeet123
Newly Registered

Post by itchyfeet123 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 am

My employer-to-be sent the CoS yesterday evening.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:30 pm

itchyfeet123 wrote:My employer-to-be sent the CoS yesterday evening.

If you already have you COS assigned to you. You can apply online and look for the next available appointment. Nevertheless, I doubt if you will be able to travel after your appointment as you will need your BRP to enter UK on your return. And it is not clear if you will have your passport as well. Depending on the outcome of your appointment. It is better to get your new BRP before traveling.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.