ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant to return to the UK visa valid until Oct 2017

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pavanil
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant to return to the UK visa valid until Oct 2017

Post by Pavanil » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:40 pm

My 2 year old son and I have PBS Dependent visas valid up to October 2017 which for me was extended in Oct 2014 for 3 years. My husband was originally Tier 2 ICT and after 5 years got an ILR and then become a Naturalised British citizen.

I have been in India since April 2016 and my husband has come to India in October 2016 taking up a job here. We have now decided to head back to the UK, please advise my options:
1) Can I and my son enter the UK back before October 2017 using the current PBS dependant visas?

If the answer to above point (1) is yes, under which visa category will I be able to apply for an extension of visas later while in the UK?

If the answer to above point (1) is no, under which category shall my son and I apply for visa in India as my husband is now a British citizen living in India?

Please advise.. thanks much in advance.

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependant to return to the UK visa valid until Oct 2

Post by Gnanasekar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm

#1 - Your visa is still valid and you can enter in before Oct 2017
#2 - Extension will have to be Dependent of British Citizen.

Experts may add more on to this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant to return to the UK visa valid until Oct 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Gnanasekar wrote:#1 - Your visa is still valid and you can enter in before Oct 2017
#2 - Extension will have to be Dependent of British Citizen.

Experts may add more on to this.
're #2 your advice is incorrect. The user can continue to extend their PBS dependent visas till they qualify for ILR on Set(O). There is no requirement to switch to FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.