ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr m confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shanshan17
Newly Registered

Flr m confusion

Post by Shanshan17 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:15 pm

I am a British citizen and my partner is from the Caribbean. On the 13th march 2017 we submitted flr fp under 10 year route, we then later found out he would qualify under flr m instead as we do meet the financial requirement. We submitted flr m on the 12th April along with a letter asking for variation. On 29th April we received acknowledgement of flr m and biometric enrollment invitation in which he did on the same day. It has now been 8 weeks since we did the variation and nothing. We sent a letter to the home office asking for an update as phone calls didn't get us anywhere. They then sent a letter stating that they were not able to process the application within the 8 week time frame as we varied the grounds of the the application and so they have to start fresh. That is very confusing as we ask for the variation now 9 weeks ago and they acknowledged it. Has anybody ever had this problem please could give me some advice. Or is there anyone having problems with flr m

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Flr m confusion

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:40 pm

It can easily take 3 months or more to process even a straightforward FLR(M) postal application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.