ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Transfer without starting?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klmacko

WP Transfer without starting?

Post by klmacko » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:49 pm

So I just spent the past 10 months working with a london company to get my Work Permit (which I did get), and was ready to start my move when they pulled the carpet out from under me. My question is, is the WP totally dead and I need to start from scratch with another company? or is it useful in anyway what I currently have?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:13 pm

Did you apply for EC/FLR and are you already in the country?

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:53 pm

No I didn't and I did not arrive in the coutry yet.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:55 pm

klmacko wrote:No I didn't and I did not arrive in the coutry yet.
Why did they cancel the WP?

In any event, work permits cannot be transferred. You need to find a new employer to sponsor you, or alternatively attempt the HSMP.

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 pm

Have no idea why they canceled. Something came up.

I know I can not transfer the WP, I just wasn't sure if it would make a difference to another company that I have with this other company.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:36 pm

I think the benefit you're looking for is if you don't need to do the resident/EU available candidate test again.

I think it should be ok, but you better check with one of the more experienced guys as you didn't "activate" your EC and maybe work permit.