ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a question regarding applying for an Irish passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tatalo
Ireland

a question regarding applying for an Irish passport

Post by Tatalo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi,

I noticed that first-time naturalized citizens applicats for passport need to send their original (country of origin) passport together with the application, do you know how long does it take to get the (country of origin) passport back?

Thanks,

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: a question regarding applying for an Irish passport

Post by zepman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Tatalo wrote:Hi,

I noticed that first-time naturalized citizens applicats for passport need to send their original (country of origin) passport together with the application, do you know how long does it take to get the (country of origin) passport back?

Thanks,
It is held on to for the entire duration of the application. In other words, it is returned in the same packet that the new Irish passport is posted in. So, you would get it back in 4-5 weeks.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: a question regarding applying for an Irish passport

Post by max307 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:25 pm

If you book an appointment and apply in person they will make a copy of your original passport and will return it back to you on the spot.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.