ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contract for services Through Agency

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pauljohnson

Contract for services Through Agency

Post by pauljohnson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Hello Guys,

I know that this topic has been discussed earlier.
I read those threads too but I could not get proper answer like yes or no

> Tier 1 Ent (50K) Visa holder work through Agency even contract cover the following these points

Contract is between my ltd company and Agency
Contract for services
No sick or holidays benefits

Is it allowed or not ?

I did not start the contract yet as I do not want to violate the terms and conditions

As I read policy guidance which says
you can not work through Agency or Recruitment Agency, if you do we will consider this employment.

Humble request to MR Zimba or any other senior members
Could you please guide me in this situation

I know some people are working through Agency on this visa

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Contract for services Through Agency

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:00 am

I think the recent guide has made this much clearer. It really depends on the terms of your contract and whether you fit the definition of an employee from HMRC point of view. As far as I can see, most people with contracts are working in capacity of an employee which is not allowed under Tier 1E.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/contract-w ... ?#p1445105
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pauljohnson

Post by pauljohnson » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:25 am

@ Zimba

Thanks very much

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am

Yes, the updated guideline has expanded it very well.

Generally, "if it looks like an employment, then it is an employment" seems to be the approach. So, anything where your revenue is based on things that are identical to what an employees pay/bonus would be - i.e. based on time spent, sales revenue, etc. is likely to fall foul of this rule. If it clearly a fixed fees for a certain deliverable, then it is likely to be treated as a normal business service.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.