ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General (Priority) Delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kellya
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General (Priority) Delay

Post by kellya » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi all

I applied for a tier 2 general (priority) in NZ and completed my biometrics on the 10/05 and posted my docs incl. passport. I received an email confirmation from Sheffield that day stating my biometric info has been received. On the 22/05 i received an email that my application has not been straightforward but haven't received any comms since. When I called a couple of weeks ago, I was advised a decision was pending.

Has anyone else experience this type of delay?
It's been almost 3 weeks since my COS start day, is this an issue?

wishiwereabird
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General (Priority) Delay

Post by wishiwereabird » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Check the latest status with your GWF ref here

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

I also applied with normal priority service outside the UK and the decision was made within 4 working days (application was scanned to Sheffield Visa Section) however I haven't been contacted again by VAC regarding collection and it's been another 4 working days since the decision was made. VFS staff told me if extra checks had to be carried out there's no guarantee that UKVI would made a decision within 5 days.

CoS start day should not be an issue

Haring Isko
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General (Priority) Delay

Post by Haring Isko » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:08 pm

kellya wrote:Hi all

I applied for a tier 2 general (priority) in NZ and completed my biometrics on the 10/05 and posted my docs incl. passport. I received an email confirmation from Sheffield that day stating my biometric info has been received. On the 22/05 i received an email that my application has not been straightforward but haven't received any comms since. When I called a couple of weeks ago, I was advised a decision was pending.

Has anyone else experience this type of delay?
It's been almost 3 weeks since my COS start day, is this an issue?
Hi, I have the same problem as you only. I completed the biometrics on 9 May 2017, got an email confirming they received it along with all the documents I submitted. I got the same response when I followed up with them stating "we are sorry your application is not straightforward." They cannot even give a specific reason nor tell me if there is anything I can do to help hasten up their decision for my visa application. To make things worse, the new and supposedly improved way to follow up with your visa application status has made payment to be higher and they do not even forward your concerns with the ones who are actually handling your application. Also, the link given by wishiwereabird is only good if you are checking it while you are inside the UK. If anyone knows how to contact the ones who are actually handling our application, please let us know. It has been almost 2 months now since I applied and my wife who applied for the same visa at the same time as I has been in UK for more than 1 month now...