ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU National in uk How to get OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akki252525
Newly Registered

EU National in uk How to get OCI

Post by akki252525 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi All,

Hope you all are well.

Just wanted to know:
1. Can an EU national Having Both Portuguese and Indian Passport apply for OCI in the United Kingdom?
2. How long will this take?
3. What are the Documents required in order to get OCI?

secret.simon

Re: EU National in uk How to get OCI

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Sounds like a question for the "Other countries" forum, as it is about an application for OCI, rather than any EEA Route application. Can the mods move the thread please?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

akki252525
Newly Registered

Post by akki252525 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi
The reason I have put this question across EEA Forum because it is related to an EU national. If you would like to help, that would be very good.
Having said that, I can also move to other thread if you tell me what is the best thread for these kinds of questions.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:47 pm

akki252525 wrote:Hi
The reason I have put this question across EEA Forum because it is related to an EU national. If you would like to help, that would be very good.
Having said that, I can also move to other thread if you tell me what is the best thread for these kinds of questions.

Regards
OCI queries are for the 'Other countries' sub forum, where the topic has already been moved to. OCI has nothing to do with the EEA/EU sub fourm.

How did you get either/both nationalities and when??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 am

Hi my wife was in a similar situation. She is a swiss citizen. Her natuaralization certificate had to be translated into English. Otherwise its straight forward as a normal OCI application. Hope that helps

elvampiro

Post by elvampiro » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:39 pm

@akki252525:
Do you have Portuguese passport or is it Bilhete de identidade from one of the former Portuguese colonies?

India does not do dual citizenship, the moment you obtained portuguese citizenship, you would have lost Indian citizenship. You need to surrender your Indian passport first and obtain a surrender certificate and only then can you apply for OCI.

Anyway, http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/OCI.html has all the details.

@akki252525, @jacob79:

If you apply for OCI in the UK as non-UK national, be aware that the processing time is much longer.
This is mentioned in the "Documents Required" section of the link above.