ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language test problem!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dant
Newly Registered

English language test problem!

Post by Dant » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Any one can help me please.

To apply a UK spouse visa I supposed to do IELTS Life Skills but by mistake I paid for IELTS general after paying, giving exam, and today received results, I was told by a friend that I suppose to do Life skills and IELTS general wouldn't work.
Both IELTS Life skills and IELTS general are under UKVI. Both have Listening and speaking test which home office require. Even IELTS general is more advanced since its involved reading and writing too.

Any advice guys does it seem like I'm gonna have to sit for an other exam which was supposedly Life Skills :cry: :cry:

Any one?

mb7891

Re: English language test problem!

Post by mb7891 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi Dant

A IELTS General test is acceptable, as long as you achieve a minimum score of 4.0 in the speaking and listening parts of the test. As you said it covers more elements and generally is at the CEFR Level of B1 the only thing the ECO will look at is the speaking and listening scores. They will ignore the reading and writing parts for a spouse visa

you should be ok

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: English language test problem!

Post by taffet87 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Please make sure it is a IELTS for UK VI General test and not just a simple IELTS general/.