ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tommitchell82
Newly Registered

Long Residence queries

Post by Tommitchell82 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:26 am

Dear Senior Members,

I have the following queries regarding ILR Long Residence:

(1) I have entered the UK on 29th September 2007. Does that mean I can apply from 3rd September 2017 onwards even if I choose to apply in person?

(2) I am providing all passports that I have had during my 10-year legal stay in the UK. In addition to those (and my current BRP, life in the UK pass and UK educational documents to prove my English skills), do I need to provide other documents demonstrating that I have been continuously living in the UK? I have few absences (4 departures collectively totaling no more than 50 days outside the UK). All departures and returns to the UK have corresponding exit and entry stamps on my passport (UK and foreign).

(3) If I apply on 3rd September 2017, when answering the question on how long I have lived in the UK (years + months), and given my entry date above, can I still say (10 years)? or is it 9 years and 11 months? Does this even matter given that it is OK to apply within 28 days of completing the qualifying period?

Most thankful for any insights from experienced members on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:45 am

1. Yes, any time WITHIN 28 days before 29th September 2017.

2. Passports etc are fine. No need for all the other documents of residence.

3. 9 years, 11 months, x amount of days, depending on the date you apply. HO know the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tommitchell82
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence queries

Post by Tommitchell82 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:30 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes, any time WITHIN 28 days before 29th September 2017.

2. Passports etc are fine. No need for all the other documents of residence.

3. 9 years, 11 months, x amount of days, depending on the date you apply. HO know the rules.

Thank you very much for your responses - much appreciated.