ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forging ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jolly007
Newly Registered

Forging ILR

Post by Jolly007 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:24 pm

I was hoping someone could advise me on the below issue?

My sisters partner and her are not together, ever since he came to England they have had problems so they didn't really even live together.
Hes now due for an ILR if he wants to continue to stay in England, she doesn't know his recent where abouts, but does know that he had some bills on both of their names possibly for ILR applicantion. However she reckons she's destroyed all th visa application documents he had and hoping he doesn't have her passport copy or anything else to be able to forge an ILR. The marriage ceremony happened outside of england before he came to england and they never really stayed together or opened any joint bank accounts or anything else. They didn't register their marriage in england in anyway either.
Is it possible for him to forge these sort of things?
As a third party had made us aware there was an attempt to get hold of those old documents submitted for his visa which had my details on them.
If i got a new passport can they still do this?
What documents do you need from a partner to get an ILR?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Forging ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 pm

The wife should have submitted this form, advising the HO that the relationship has broken down and is no longer subsisting. I strongly recommend that she submits it now. :!:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

If the couple have hardly lived together during his time on a spouse visa, assuming the initial visa was issued after July 9th July, how did he obtain FLR(M) after the first 2.5 years of residence in the UK :?:

(Your post is slightly confusing as you start by mentioning this is for your sister-in-law and end by posting as the sponsor). :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Jolly007 wrote: Is it possible for him to forge these sort of things?
Yes of course, if he wants to go to jail and be deported afterwards.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Jolly007
Newly Registered

Post by Jolly007 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Casa wrote:The wife should have submitted this form, advising the HO that the relationship has broken down and is no longer subsisting. I strongly recommend that she submits it now. :!:

(Your post is slightly confusing as you start by mentioning this is for your sister-in-law and end by posting as the sponsor). :?
Soz sisters been forwarding me text messages telling me what to ask for advise, I was copying and pasting hence the typo

Jolly007
Newly Registered

Post by Jolly007 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:04 pm

He is due for ILR next month, he has been here for 2.5 years now.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Jolly007 wrote:He is due for ILR next month, he has been here for 2.5 years now.
In which case in any event he wouldn't qualify for ILR even if the marriage was subsisting. After the first 2.5 year period in the UK he would have to apply for a 2.5 year FLR(M) extension to complete 5 years of legal residence.

Submit the statement & consent form withdrawing spousal support.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 pm

After 2.5 years, he needs another extension of 2.5 years. He would be eligible for ILR after five years of residence in the UK in accordance with the terms of his visa.

He needs to prove that he has a subsisting relationship with your sister for both the extension and the ILR. If he does not have joint bank statements, utility bills, etc, he will have issues with his application. Ask your sister to double-check that she is not listed on any bank accounts, financial statements, etc with her partner. She can do so by getting credit reports from the three main credit report companies (Experian, Equifax and Callcredit). I believe that they cost £2 per credit report company.

As Casa has already advised, ask her to notify the Home Office asap that the relationship has broken down.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Jolly007
Newly Registered

Post by Jolly007 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:36 pm

She never opened a joint bank account with him,
But she did say that he had registered council tax under both if theirs name and some bills preparing himself for rhe application in advance.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Jolly007 wrote:He is due for ILR next month, he has been here for 2.5 years now.

Jolly007 wrote:... he had registered council tax under both if theirs name and some bills preparing himself for the application in advance.
Sounds like he was using your sister to get into the UK and misunderstood the rules, as well as how forgiving the UK, and its people, is for such behavior. Once he sorts out just how wrong he was, look for him to try and get back with your sister. Failing that, forging ILR is not easy. He'd have to forge the BRP. And once caught, he can forget about seeing the UK ever again. They won't even consider Human Rights grounds in that case.

She should inform the council and any other companies he's trying to use for his deception and get them up to speed right now. And make sure to inform the Home Office immediately.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Jolly007 wrote:She never opened a joint bank account with him,
But she did say that he had registered council tax under both if theirs name and some bills preparing himself for rhe application in advance.
I doubt that will matter as he needs his wife's written consent, together with a copy of her passport when applying for FLR(M). If she submits the Statement and Consent form, the Case Worker will have on record that the relationship has broken down.
(Casa, not CR001)

Jolly007
Newly Registered

Post by Jolly007 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Who does she send the completed immigration forms to?
There is no link on the page