ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuine and subsisting proof, pls help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zach93
Newly Registered

Genuine and subsisting proof, pls help

Post by Zach93 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:49 am

we have been married for a month in uk. i'm on a tier 4 visa which expires on jan 2018. i have been staying with him since my previous tier 4 visa(expired on 3rd August 2016) , therefore it sums up to a year of living together. there has been a one month period of living since i need to return to my home country to apply for the second tier 4 visa(current one). we live in a 2 bedroom house with his mother where we have exclusive use of one of the bedroom.

under the genuine and subsisting relationship, what is needed to be shown?
holidays pictures? texts ? calls? wedding pictures? proof we both live in the same address? marriage certificate? how many pictures is needed?

i have read somewhere, that if you are married, you only need to prove that you have been living together since marriage, therefore call logs, emails, chat history is not require and a couple of pictures from wedding would suffice. is this information correct?

please advise, thank you.

mb7891

Re: Genuine and subsisting proof, pls help

Post by mb7891 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 am

Hi

Not sure where you have read that. but if you have this kind of evidence you should include it into your application to make a stronger case for subsisting relationship requirements.

For our application we included 7-10 photos. You should also send in any evidence of communications since your relationship has started which could be before you started to lived together. Call records and chats are good examples. I have seen some posts on here where they have included one per month in regards to chats some have included more.

Here is what we included in our successful application to give you idea

7-10 Photos wedding and other events
Travel Stamps in passports for visits
Wedding invite card
E-tickets and boarding pass copies for all travel to meet spouse.
Call records since our relationship started highlighted to show the relevant calls between us
Marriage Cert

again all circumstances and cases are different, so use the above as a guideline not a mandatory requirement

SimonS

Re: Genuine and subsisting proof, pls help

Post by SimonS » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Since you are married and living together, evidence of shared financial responsibility would be very valuable and almost expected. Any joints bills, bank or savings accounts etc

I imagine you both should at least appear on the council tax bill for the property. This would be a good start.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.