ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Spouse Visa - 8 months absent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Dear Friends

My wife is on dependent visa (as a spouse of naturalized British citizen), she will be eligible for ILR by 2019, after completing her 5 years in the UK.

She is currently pregnant, she would like to go to India for roughly 8 months to have the delivery there.

My question is:

1) Is being absent from the UK for 8 months at a time would effect her ILR application ? I vaguely remember of a rule on how many days one can absent from UK in the past 5 years before applying ILR. I quickly looked at the SET_M application and guidelines, but i cant find any..

2) If baby is born in India, will s(h)e need to apply for an "Indian passport + British visa" or "British passport" straight away from India as I hold British citizenship?

Please let me know your advice/comment on the above please.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Cheers
Rao

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 pm

1) Is being absent from the UK for 8 months at a time would effect her ILR application ? I vaguely remember of a rule on how many days one can absent from UK in the past 5 years before applying ILR. I quickly looked at the SET_M application and guidelines, but i cant find any..
There is no absence limit for a spouse on a spouse settlement visa.
2) If baby is born in India, will s(h)e need to apply for an "Indian passport + British visa" or "British passport" straight away from India as I hold British citizenship?
British passport directly (can take 6 to 12 months) or Indian passport and RoA/CoE.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanks alot @CR001

As usual, great help from you, many thanks again

Cheers
Rao
CR001 wrote:
There is no absence limit for a spouse on a spouse settlement visa.
British passport directly (can take 6 to 12 months) or Indian passport and RoA/CoE.