ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If visa refused than changing to different category

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

If visa refused than changing to different category

Post by ineedhelp99 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 am

Hi,
I seek some advise on this scenario. If T1 extension is refused due to xyz reason and within the 14 days or 28 days time (whatever is allowed) after refusal if someone makes an application under a different category, mainly if someone wants change from T1 extension refusal to T2 dependent in country, would this be allowed or possible?
I am bit confused with when people say they make fresh application. If T1 extension is refused than can we change to a different category or is it just we can make a fresh application for T1 Extension only. Sorry for asking such a hypothetical question.
Regards
JJ

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: If visa refused than changing to different category

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 am

You can make any new fresh application. It is treated as a separate and new application in all cases.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:09 am

Hi Marcnath, thank you for your reply.
Just to understand, does that mean one can also apply as a tier 2 dependent within them days that are allowed after T1 extension refusal?
I thought after refusal if you changes category than you become over stayer as your current leave was finished and now you are applying in a different category?
Also is it normal that you always gets 14 days or 28 days after refusal to make fresh application? If not, do you know any specific scenario or example when this isn't allowed.
Could you please help me with these as well.
JJ

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:30 am

ineedhelp99 wrote:Hi Marcnath, thank you for your reply.
Just to understand, does that mean one can also apply as a tier 2 dependent within them days that are allowed after T1 extension refusal?
I thought after refusal if you changes category than you become over stayer as your current leave was finished and now you are applying in a different category?
Also is it normal that you always gets 14 days or 28 days after refusal to make fresh application? If not, do you know any specific scenario or example when this isn't allowed.
Could you please help me with these as well.
JJ
Once all the appeals are completed, you become an overstayer.
So whether you apply for the same category or a new one, you will be applying as an overstayer. And it is only 14 days which allows an exception for overstayers.

Exceptions for overstayers
39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time or to which sub-paragraph (1) applied; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.