ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Fee for UK born kid (confusion on number of year)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

situk
Newly Registered

Visa Fee for UK born kid (confusion on number of year)

Post by situk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi, This is my first post and recommended me by so many friends.
I am on tier 2 (with family in UK), last time when I changed employer i have been issued visa for 4 years ending in April 2019. (more than 3 years).
I have new born kid in UK and would like to apply for visa. I assumed fee would be 677 GBP (By post). I started filling online form and at one point it ask what is duration of main applicant last VISA issued, which is in my case 4 years. As soon as I select 4 years, VISA fee to be paid change to 1,354 GBP. I believe they are not going to issue visa of 4 year for my kid as my leave end in April 2019. That's fine with me as I will be eligible for ILR.
However question is, even though they will issue VISA till April 2019 which is less than 3 year but asking me to pay fee of more than 3 years.
I tried to contact UKBA few days everyday and waited for half an hour every time no one is picking up phone.

My confusion is, If I pay fee for more than 3 years but if they issue visa for less than 3 year, Do they refund the fee? (I never heard anyone refunded fee but also never heard this scenario as well).
Its probably their system which is auto calculating and no chance get away with paying fee. but do they understand and refund it?
Appreciate your help on this. I have to apply as early as possible as need to visit home county.

Thanks in advance.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Visa Fee for UK born kid (confusion on number of year)

Post by gag285 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 am

Hard and unfair it may sound, but the dependent leave is given in accordance with the main applicant's leave. Even if you applied in the last year of your leave, your dependents leave will be counted based on your original leave. You will be required to pay 'Over 3 years' category. The only respite you will have is that the IHS is prorated on a 6 months basis.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:55 pm

You can save some money by waiting till you get your ILR in April 2019 and then register your child for citizenship. You don't have to apply for visa for your child except you intend to take the child out of UK and back.
I guess you have to decide on whether you want to suspend any travel (with the child) till after April 2019 and save yourself the application fees or you can spend so much on the application now and still spend for registration because your child's visa will also expire when yours expires in April 2019.

If you can afford it and the travel is also important then I think you just have to pay the application fee.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:15 pm

i believe it should be applied in line with main sponsor , i.e., more than 3 years.
However there has been someone who applied for less than 3 years and got away with it, in addition to mocking me as well.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... s#p1382900

Your choice