ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing a return flight from the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barnie1
Newly Registered

Changing a return flight from the UK

Post by barnie1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi

My friend is a Colombian national on a 6 month Standard Visitor Visa that expires in October. He arrived in May and booked a return flight in August, but would now like to extend his stay and book a new flight out of the UK for the end of September. He then intends to apply for a student visa outside of the UK.

My question is, even though he would be leaving the UK before the expiry of his visa, would the fact that he missed his original return flight be flagged up by the airline and be viewed negatively by immigration officials in any future UK visa applications? Also, does my friend need to apply for the student visa in Colombia or can he do it anywhere outside of the UK (i.e. Madrid)?

Thank you!

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Re: Changing a return flight from the UK

Post by Gnanasekar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi,

Change of flight is irrelevant to the visitor visa. There are always circumstances people book and change flights. The ONLY factor should be considered is DO NOT OVERSTAY.

No idea about student visa application. Hopefully other forum experts will guide on this.

Cheers

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:38 pm

What was the intended period of stay that was mentioned while applying the Standard Visitor visa?
If the visitor exceeds the intended period of stay, this will make things difficult with future applications
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

barnie1
Newly Registered

Post by barnie1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 pm

The original intention when he applied for the standard visitor visa was for a visit of 10 days, but he subsequently returned for a longer stay. However, prior to his return he was provided with an updated sponsor letter declaring that his expenses would be fully covered by the sponsor etc, in case he was asked at the border (which he wasn't).