ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee applying for Citizenship.. should I be worried ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hasssssssan
Newly Registered

Refugee applying for Citizenship.. should I be worried ?

Post by hasssssssan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:13 am

Hi

Yesterday was talking to someone and he said refugees are likely to get refusal !! Is that right ??

I came to the Uzk in a visit visa in 2010 and applied for asylum straightaway in the airport .. After three month they refused my asylum application then I appealed and the court granted me the refugee status.

Last year I got ILR and tomorrow I will complete 1 year.

Do you think that they can refuse my application?? And what do you suggest to strengthen my application?? Shall I include any documents, cover letter ... ?? To be in the safe side.

Another question.. I am engaged since last year and my fiancé not in the UK .. What is my status now .. it is Married or Single or Unmarried partner!! Am confused what should I choose!!

Thanks
Hasan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refugee applying for Citizenship.. should I be worried ?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:43 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hasssssssan
Newly Registered

Post by hasssssssan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:21 am

Thanks for the links Admin

I have a question regarding this section ... What exactly the mean by "consented" .. does that mean I was a reference or I signed his application or I invited him by writing a letter or I the applicant was coming to visit me but he didn't mention my name in his application then they discovered that he is visiting me??
I consented to someone else’s immigration application which was subsequently refused; will this affect my nationality application?

Your application may be refused, but it depends on the reason for the refusal of the other person’s immigration application. You are more likely to be refused if:

1 – The application was refused for a breach of immigration rules (for example, deception);

2 – Your relationship to the applicant was integral to that breach (for example, refusal of a spouse visa because of a relationship deception);

3 – It is reasonable to believe that you were aware of assisting illegal migration by consenting to the application;

4 – You did not take reasonable steps to ensure that the application you consented to was genuine; and

5 – The application was recent (there appears to be no definition of what is considered recent).
My fiance visited me last month with a visit visa, when she filled in the visa application she didn't mention me, but when she arrived at the UK she told them that she is visiting me and as a result the returned her back with one year banned for deception. will this affect my application ??

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:02 am

Where does the above guidance come from? I am in a similar position as a friend's visitor visa was refused because HO did not believe he will return at the end of the trip. He was a genuine visitor but didnt submit sufficient evidence. I gave him a letter of support. This is quite worrying.

hasssssssan
Newly Registered

Post by hasssssssan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:27 am

Coldwinter wrote:Where does the above guidance come from? I am in a similar position as a friend's visitor visa was refused because HO did not believe he will return at the end of the trip. He was a genuine visitor but didnt submit sufficient evidence. I gave him a letter of support. This is quite worrying.
I read the whole guideline docunent from the homeoffice website and I couldn't really find it there !!

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 am

I suppose the only relevant section in annex d is section 9.6 assisting illegal immigration. Not sure how far HO
take this.

hasssssssan
Newly Registered

Post by hasssssssan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Any help guys to my questions :)