ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Tier 4 to Tier 2 General Advice. Is it very difficult?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2hopefull
Newly Registered

From Tier 4 to Tier 2 General Advice. Is it very difficult?

Post by tier2hopefull » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 am

I am going to graduate with an undergraduate MA degree next year and I want to stay here for work. I have been in the UK for 7 years now. I am going to graduate from a prestigious university if that helps. My degree is in International Relations. Probably will get a Class.
I know the process to apply for the visa. What's unclear to me is how difficult it is to get a sponsorship licence? Are companies m very flexible about the job and the pay isn't very important.
Also, can a legal advisor help me find a sponsor? Is it a service they can provide? Or do they just help with submitting your application to the home office? Many thanks in advance :)

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: From Tier 4 to Tier 2 General Advice. Is it very difficu

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Transition from tier 4 to tier 2 is one of the easiest routes provided you get a job with a company with sponsorship licence and willing to pay adequate salary. Things are changing quickly and more changes might be put in place in future to tighten tier 4 to tier 2. You can check the tier 2 sponsors' register and use it for your job search. It is also possible for a company to apply for sponsorship licence so don't limit your job search to those already registered. All the best.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

tier2hopefull
Newly Registered

Re: From Tier 4 to Tier 2 General Advice. Is it very difficu

Post by tier2hopefull » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Djsuccess wrote:Transition from tier 4 to tier 2 is one of the easiest routes provided you get a job with a company with sponsorship licence and willing to pay adequate salary. Things are changing quickly and more changes might be put in place in future to tighten tier 4 to tier 2. You can check the tier 2 sponsors' register and use it for your job search. It is also possible for a company to apply for sponsorship licence so don't limit your job search to those already registered. All the best.
Thank you very much for your reply. Of course, if you have a job offer and sponsorship then the rest isn't very difficult. My concern is if it is very difficult to get sponsorship.