ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help about Resident Labour Market Test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ophelia
Newly Registered

Help about Resident Labour Market Test

Post by Ophelia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:19 am

Hello everyone.
My new company is currently doing the RLMT for my new visa. I have checked the salary is correct. However on the advertisement it stated it requires 2 year of work experience but I have only got 1 year. I phoned them back they said there is nothing to worry about plus I have got good skills very competent for the job.
I want to know: what does the HO check in terms of RLMT and will the above thing being a problem?
Second is, the RLMT finishes by 14th of July and they want to issue the cos number on the same day RLMT finishes. I was worried being rejected because last day may not count.

I do not dare to ring back because I dont want him to think i do not trust him.

Please advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Help about Resident Labour Market Test

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:48 pm

The HO will want to see evidence of why any of the other applicants were unsuitable. It appears from your post that you have been pre-selected for the role.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

new2here
Newly Registered

Re: Help about Resident Labour Market Test

Post by new2here » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:20 pm

To answer your question, from what I've researched on the RLMT, certain conditions must be fulfilled including but not limited to:

1. Job must be advertised on the Universal Jobmatch website AND
2. On another reputable national medium eg. newspaper, journal etc. (for a total of no less than 28 days)
3. NO ONE from the UK or EU can do the job (it doesn't matter that you have better qualifications; if someone from the UK or EU has the minimum qualifications, they're "supposed" to be hired) etc.

Check out this link: http://www.workpermit.com/immigration/u ... arket-test
Last edited by CR001 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Suggest leave moderating the forum and users to the moderators!