ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving back to UK with girlfriend

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jean-Mike
Newly Registered

Moving back to UK with girlfriend

Post by Jean-Mike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Hello,
We need some help, I am an Englishman living and working in Norway for the last 4 years with my Norwegian girlfriend.
Next year she will finish university and the following year we are planning to move to England.

We are currently researching how to do this, obviously with the ongoing Brexit, things may change but we would like some guidance on what we may need to do.

We are not married but have been together for 4.5 years and are engaged, we don´t currently children but this may change at the time of moving.

She speaks good English, and this time next year will have a degree in Nursing, currently we both earn a decent salary here in Norway but of course moving to England with a planned baby will probably mean she would like to stay at home for the first year, but we have researched that she will receive child benefits from Norway to cover this first year, even if living abroad.

We would like to know, what we would need to do to make this as smooth as possible.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Jean-Mike
Newly Registered

Re: Moving back to UK with girlfriend

Post by Jean-Mike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:45 pm

We would also be interested to know what fees we may occur (obviously again this may change) but just to give us a guide

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:04 pm

As long as you can provide evidence for atleast 2 years of cohabitation effectively living as a married couple, then she can apply to be a dependent of you. You will have to meet the financial support requirements. I'm assuming she's non-EU?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:31 pm

I believe OP's girlfriend is Norwegian, therefore EEA, and she should be able to move to the UK in her own right, at least as long as the UK is part of EU/EEA Free Movement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.