ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance for the amounts for the Uk tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aiza Jahan

Guidance for the amounts for the Uk tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Post by Aiza Jahan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Hi

Can anyone please guide me about the amount requirement for UK tier 1 ( entrepreneur).

I am gathering this information for my friend who lives in Pakistan so she can apply for this visa.

1.My first question is that she has funds In Pakistan ,are they acceptable for this visa or her funds have to be in Uk before applying .

2.what is the difference in 50000 pound criteria and 200000 criteria???

3.Can she have also have assets like property or bonds which can be taken into consideration for the 50000 or 200000 criteria?

4.And once the visa is accepted does she have to bring these funds to UK??

I will be very thankful if someone can guide me please so i can start processing her application.

Kind Regards

Aiza

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Guidance for the amounts for the Uk tier 1 (Entrepreneur

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:42 am

Your friend MUST read the Tier 1E visa guide which explains all of these in great detail: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
1.My first question is that she has funds In Pakistan ,are they acceptable for this visa or her funds have to be in Uk before applying .
Funds at home country is acceptable
2.what is the difference in 50000 pound criteria and 200000 criteria???
You cannot use your own funds if you want to claim only 50K. The funds must only come from acceptable investors or UK government bodies only.Read the guide for all the details.
3.Can she have also have assets like property or bonds which can be taken into consideration for the 50000 or 200000 criteria?
No
4.And once the visa is accepted does she have to bring these funds to UK??
What do you expect ??! You must invest the funds in the UK eventually
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Thank you vert much for the reply .i really appreciated the help.

I have gone thrught the guidance ,but i am still not clear about what does it means that for the 50000 criteria you cannot use own funds???

does it means that the funds should not be in a personal bank account they should already be in the invested in a company ........

let me ask the questions which relates to my friends actual situation...

she has funds equivalent to nearly 45,000 pounds invested in a investment firm in Pakistan.These funds can be withdrawn whenever she wants. Are these acceptable ?????

and what does 200000 own funds mean ??

thank you very much for the help

Kind regards

Aiza

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:15 pm

I suggested to read the guide properly which clearly you did not read :!:
You need to have CASH available in a bank account. She cannot apply with anything less than 200K unless the 50K is coming from certain UK government bodies or VCs. If you are lazy, you can read this instead: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Thank you very much for the reply .

i have read the guildlines properly but can you please clearify this part

2.You have access to not less than £50,000 from:

1. one or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

financial conduct authority.
My question is that my friends has funds invested in a firm that is registered with SECP which is the financial authority of Pakistan.

Are these funds that are in Pakistan in a firm registered with Pakistans financial authority acceptable for this tier 1 entrepreneur visa.?????????

Thank you
will be waiting for your reply.
Aiza

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:14 am

What you say clearly defies common sense :?
It clearly says money made available to you for investment by a VC :?
This has to be a UK venture capital firm GIVING YOU MONEY for investment, which must be regulated by Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which is a UK based regulatory body

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi, Pease read "Venture Capital Funding" (online or book) to understand the meaning of that statement.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi thank you for the reply ,

but i am still not unclear about 50000 pounds category:

if the funds already have to be in UK then what does this statement means..

If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a letter from each institution. If the money is not held in the United Kingdom, we will use the OANDA database (http://www.oanda.com) to convert the given amount of overseas money into pounds sterling.

Her funds are not in uk does this applies

I will be waiting for reply

Kind Regards

Aiza

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Nobody said the money has to be in the UK.

It only has to be in cash form, available to the applicant and transferable to the UK.

50K entry route is quite stringent and not easy to access.

So you are probably looking at the 200K route anyway.

The guidance is quite clear on this - they have the attributes set out in a table form. Please read that and be specific in your questions.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Thank you very much for the prompt reply .

i will be very specific about question and hope that you can guide me through...

My friend who is is Pakistan has funds equivalent to 54000 pounds and assets equal to 2000000 pounds.

The funds are in cash form and can be easily transferable to uk .

The firm in which the funds are invested is Asset Management, Investment Advisory and Pension Fund Management Company, managing Open-end Mutual Fund and Pension Funds. These funds are incorporated as Public Limited company, registered as a Non-Banking Finance Company and listed on Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited. The Company is registered with the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) .

SECP is the Financial authority of Pakistan.

Are these funds applicable for this category

(b) you have access to not less than £50,000 from:
(i) one or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority(FCA),

thank you very much

Kind regards

aiza

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Aiza Jahan wrote:Thank you very much for the prompt reply .

i will be very specific about question and hope that you can guide me through...

My friend who is is Pakistan has funds equivalent to 54000 pounds and assets equal to 2000000 pounds.

The firm in which the funds are invested is Asset Management, Investment Advisory and Pension Fund Management Company, managing Open-end Mutual Fund and Pension Funds. These funds are incorporated as Public Limited company, registered as a Non-Banking Finance Company and listed on Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited. The Company is registered with the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) .

(i) one or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority(FCA),

thank you very much

Kind regards

aiza
This has been answered by Zimba already and I am not sure why you are unable to understand.
FCA is a very specific UK institution.
The guidelines did not say FCA or equivalent !!!!!
Convert the assets into 150K Pounds equivalent cash, hold it in the bank for 90 days and your friend will be able to apply for the 200K route.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 am

Aiza Jahan wrote:Thank you very much for the prompt reply .

thank you very much

Kind regards

aiza
SECP is NOT Pakistan's financial authority, its equivalent of 'companies house' of UK
SBP (State Bank of Pak) is the financial regulator

Abu jandal
Newly Registered

Post by Abu jandal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:29 pm

.. she don't meet the requirements . for your friend ...if she shows amount in a bank statement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Abu jandal wrote:.. she don't meet the requirements . for your friend ...if she shows amount in a bank statement.
Kindly only post in English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.