ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eu spouse - Stamp 4 while waiting for Residence Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marshall2016
Newly Registered

Non-eu spouse - Stamp 4 while waiting for Residence Card

Post by Marshall2016 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Hello. I am a non-EU spouse from America moving to Ireland with my husband, a British citizen, in July.

I've heard on several forums that when we submit my application for a Residence Card that I could be granted a temporary stamp 4 that would allow me to work during the processing time for my card, for up to six months. Is this true? If so, what steps do I need to take to ensure this happens?

Also, what exactly is a GNIB card and when should I go about getting this?

Thank you for your help.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Non-eu spouse - Stamp 4 while waiting for Residence Card

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:04 am

Marshall2016 wrote:Hello. I am a non-EU spouse from America moving to Ireland with my husband, a British citizen, in July.

I've heard on several forums that when we submit my application for a Residence Card that I could be granted a temporary stamp 4 that would allow me to work during the processing time for my card, for up to six months. Is this true? If so, what steps do I need to take to ensure this happens?

Also, what exactly is a GNIB card and when should I go about getting this?

Thank you for your help.
Hi
Yes,
That's right.
First, you get a 6 months temporary stamp and then you'll be granted 5 years stamp (Stamp 4 EU FAM). You will be allowed to work on both of these stamps. This is what used to happen in the past, however, I am not sure what effect has BREXIT had on this procedure.
If the procedure is the same, then all you need to do is either go to a solicitor and get the solicitor to apply on your behalf or else, you can simply do it yourself. Solicitors normally charge around €400. So I would advise you to do it yourself.
You will have to fill in the EU1 form (follow the below link) :
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf
This form is to be completed by each non-EEA national applying for a residence card as the qualifying family member of a European Union citizen under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015.

Thanks,