ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!Can CoS application be edited instead of withdrawing?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dd00
Newly Registered

Urgent!Can CoS application be edited instead of withdrawing?

Post by dd00 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:31 am

Hi

1. Is it possible to edit a CoS application while it is awaiting its decision before the allocation date instead of withdrawing it? Are there any consequences? (Like will there be questions raised from UKVI, etc.?)

2. I am in a situation where my employer in the UK realized that the salary that they offered me is below the minimum threshold under SOC 2136 experienced worker. They are willing to increase it. But they have already made a CoS application for July's RCOS allocation at the beginning of this month (i.e., June). So what do they need to do now?
a) withdraw the previous CoS application and re-apply with the new salary?
b) edit the CoS application with the new information?
c) or is there any other procedure?

Please any help/knowledge would be much appreciated as I would want my employer to make it to July's allocation.

Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Urgent!Can CoS application be edited instead of withdraw

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:42 pm

From my own experience, my employeer did write incorrect End Date in CoS but then they edited the cos and added notes saying the End Date is incorrect and putted the right end date. My lawyer then printed the CoS and crossed the End Date on it by a pen and wrote next to it "please look to notes". I then took that CoS with me to appointment and had a success.

So I think if you didn't send the wrong CoS to Home Office yet you can ask your HR to edit it and add a note saying that there was a typo in Salary and they confirm the Salary will be this much.