ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some help on EU3 Permanent residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Need some help on EU3 Permanent residence

Post by broli » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Folks.

We are applying for permanent residency for both EU citizen and non Eu spouse.

(c) Evidence of activities in the State for the last 5 years (as per Section 1B or Section 3 as applicable)
For each period of employment, copies of the following documents should be provided:

• Letter from employer setting out terms and conditions of employment AND/OR signed contract of employment

problem is we can't find the contract .

company provided a letter confirming employment and period of work do you think this would be enough?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Need some help on EU3 Permanent residence

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:40 am

Broli
Your employer should have a copy of your contract ask them to give you a copy.
thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Mal111 wrote:Broli
thanks

Thanks man ,
i will ask by e-mail

Hopefully still have after 5 years since the job was over.

Aaron-Law

Post by Aaron-Law » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:32 pm

broli wrote:
Mal111 wrote:Broli
thanks

Thanks man ,
i will ask by e-mail

Hopefully still have after 5 years since the job was over.
Hi Broli,
Good Evening.

For the reasons of applying for permanent residency on the basis of a 5 year continuous residency you will need a copy of your EU national's entire 5 years of work/ evidence of exercise of treaty rights in the state.
In case you cannot find or have access to old employment contracts you can always get in touch with the Revenue department and ask them for the TAX statements for the last 5-6 years before the applying for the EU3.
You can also ask the Revenue department for your PPS contribution statements for the last 5-6 years and they would post it to you. In the absence of an employment contract you can also produce last 5-6 years P60's that can prove that the EU citizen was exercising their treaty rights in the state.
You can also ask for your P21 and P24 statements depending on your work status.

If you think you are not entirely sure then I would recommend that you get legal assistance.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for replies. i found the contracts.

Regarding legal help i would everyone new here to know. Before even looking for legal advice you need to inform yourself and try to understand this things.

@Aaron I was given an advice by an expensive law firm in Dublin that was totally misleading and could have cost me residency for 150€ consultancy.

The EU treaty rights and citizenship are both straight forward before you rush to lawyer just make sure you have enough knowledge yourself. And many of the lawyers lack knowledge on Eu treaty rights and got people into even more trouble.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:28 pm

broli wrote: The EU treaty rights and citizenship are both straight forward before you rush to lawyer just make sure you have enough knowledge yourself. And many of the lawyers lack knowledge on Eu treaty rights and got people into even more trouble.
True!

Skyblue21
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skyblue21 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:18 am

Hello all.. I'm a non eea family members. My I've been married for 5years now and held my RC for 4 years . My EEA wife got her Permanent residence last year .wife no been working for the past 1 years months now due to having a newborn.I want to apply for permanent residence, do I need to send evidence that she been working for the past 5years or her Permanent residence will be good enough as proof she of her right ?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:10 am

Skyblue21 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:18 am
Hello all.. I'm a non eea family members. My I've been married for 5years now and held my RC for 4 years . My EEA wife got her Permanent residence last year .wife no been working for the past 1 years months now due to having a newborn.I want to apply for permanent residence, do I need to send evidence that she been working for the past 5years or her Permanent residence will be good enough as proof she of her right ?

Hi Didn't you said wife was .wife no been working for the past 1 years months what they check is the last 5 years.

Therefore i think you need to show that you followed the law when she was not working. (Shows that you guys had enough money (Bank statements ) + you had health care insurance for both of you ) ...

Did you follow the EU rules above ?
Was she on social welfare ?..

By the way in 5 years my wife only work for 2 years.(But we got a healthcare insurance and a join account to show we had money)

Even if you didn't just try to send an application if it doesnt work apply for a new family card EU1.

EU1 is not permanent but it's the easiest in case you can't get a permanent stay.

Cheers