ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa application check-up

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnyd123
Newly Registered

Family Visa application check-up

Post by johnyd123 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Hello,

I am a UK citizen and my girl friend is from Russia, Moscow. We are going to marry in Moscow soon and then she will apply for a family visa. I am working in the UK and planning to sponsor her. Here is my recent employment history: I had been working for a company for about 8 years (earning about £45,000 pa), then I left for 8 months and worked for another company (earning about £47,000 pa) and three weeks ago I returned to the previous company, on the same salary. My understanding is I am a cat B sponsor.

Here is a list of our documents:

1. Contracts from both jobs, signed, dated, etc.
2. Letters from both jobs saying I had been employed (or currently employed), my salary, employment type, etc.
3. Payslips from my previous job (dating back to Feb 2016).
4. Bank statements printed in the branch and stamped on every page showing my salary being paid into my account, dated from May 2016 to June 2017.
5. P60 form, 2016 and 2017.

Is it a complete list of documents? Do I need anything else?

I have a three bedroom house, which is a freehold and there is a mortgage, which I pay regularly. What documents shall I provide to my future wife in order to prove maintenance? I understand I should provide an official copy, mortgage statement, utility bills.

How recent should all the documents be?

Thanks in advance.

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Family Visa application check-up

Post by metanoia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi Johnnyd

Here is a list of our documents:

1. Contracts from both jobs, signed, dated, etc.
2. Letters from both jobs saying I had been employed (or currently employed), my salary, employment type, etc.
3. Payslips from my previous job (dating back to Feb 2016).
4. Bank statements printed in the branch and stamped on every page showing my salary being paid into my account, dated from May 2016 to June 2017.
5. P60 form, 2016 and 2017.
you also need to provide atleast 1 full month payslip from new employer since you have changed jobs but as you will be applying after getting married so this will resolve itself

I have a three bedroom house, which is a freehold and there is a mortgage, which I pay regularly. What documents shall I provide to my future wife in order to prove maintenance? I understand I should provide an official copy, mortgage statement, utility bills.
you need to provide
Title Deed
Mortgage statement
Mortgage payments showing in bank statements
Council tax bill
any of the utility bill
Property inspection report if there are other occupants

You should read this thread as its very detailed in for getting married and applying for settlement visa from Russia

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 26338.html

johnyd123
Newly Registered

Post by johnyd123 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 am

Hi metanoia,

Many thanks for the quick reply and for the link, many interesting details!

I have obtained my first pay slip already, so no issues here.

Will Official Copy of the Register be sufficient? From here - https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/w ... dFQG9k5Tz/

Of course, my future wife will submit her UK Masters degree (English language requirement) and TB test.

Another questions:

1. Will she have to submit our photographs from the wedding, bookings, boarding passes, emails, chat messages, etc. to prove our relationship is genuine?

2. I have read from your link that it is possible to send the paperwork from within the UK. How does it work? If my wife will apply in Moscow and I will post the same paperwork from within the UK - is it not going to be a duplicate application?

3. My understanding from reading other people's experience, it is not worth paying extra £550 for the priority application since UKVI do not bother speeding up the process. Am I correct? We are thinking about using a priority service but we do not want to simply pay extra and get nothing.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Johnny

Will Official Copy of the Register be sufficient? From here - https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/w ... dFQG9k5Tz/

A property owner with a successful application can guide you better but i think this link suggests these online ones can not be used in a court case though i have seen somebody mentioning online copy using for their spouse visa application.

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-abou ... e-register

so upto you really which one you want to use

1. Will she have to submit our photographs from the wedding, bookings, boarding passes, emails, chat messages, etc. to prove our relationship is genuine?
yes, you have to provide quite extensive list of relationship proof.
Wedding and any other photographs taken together.
Tickets / boarding passes of any visits to each other or holidays together
Calls to each other / Chats ***depends how much detailed information you want to provide but it should cover entire time of your relationship. It could be all the details or snippets covering every few days ***
Exchange of gifts, cards etc

2. I have read from your link that it is possible to send the paperwork from within the UK. How does it work? If my wife will apply in Moscow and I will post the same paperwork from within the UK - is it not going to be a duplicate application?
I think its still get sent to Sheffield but do check TLS website for any recent update

3. My understanding from reading other people's experience, it is not worth paying extra £550 for the priority application since UKVI do not bother speeding up the process. Am I correct? We are thinking about using a priority service but we do not want to simply pay extra and get nothing.
Despite the massive delays and UKVI not meeting advertised timeline we will still apply for priority. Its a personal choice and every case is different from other

Good luck with your upcoming wedding.