ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to pay for return postage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brother88
United Kingdom

Forgot to pay for return postage

Post by brother88 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi All,

I sent my wife's visa application by post here in the UK to Sheffield on Mon 26/06/2017 and included a special delivery envelope in the package for returning of the evidence.

However, I forgot to pay for the return charges and absent-mindedly sealed it in the package and handed it over to be posted in the post office.

I can see royal mail website that the package was recieved in Sheffield on Tues 27/06/2017 but wanted to ask if anyone knows if they will post the evidence back to me(it has original marriage certificate!) or if there is a way i can collect it instead?

My wife is going to kill me...please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Forgot to pay for return postage

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:39 pm

What visa have you applied for??

It will be posted back to You?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:38 pm

CR001 wrote:What visa have you applied for??

It will be posted back to You?
I got married to my wife in Pakistan and came back to the UK and then got a solicitor to apply for her to come to UK. so i think it was spouse visa?

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:55 pm

I have seen people posting that they were asked by email to send prepaid return envelope so you shouldn't worry too much.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:09 pm

We had the same thing happen to us. Sheffield just sent us an e-mail stating that they don't have a return envelope for sending the documents back.

You can always contact Royal Mail and get them to send a return envelope and just write down your GWF number on that one.

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:56 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:We had the same thing happen to us. Sheffield just sent us an e-mail stating that they don't have a return envelope for sending the documents back.

You can always contact Royal Mail and get them to send a return envelope and just write down your GWF number on that one.
thansk for the response pixelrage09. Did Sheffield still process the application though? this is something i'm worried about, that they reject/delay the application based on this

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:58 pm

brother88 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:We had the same thing happen to us. Sheffield just sent us an e-mail stating that they don't have a return envelope for sending the documents back.

thansk for the response pixelrage09. Did Sheffield still process the application though? this is something i'm worried about, that they reject/delay the application based on this
Yes they still processed the application. They can't reject simply based on you forgetting to send a return envelope. If anything, it might only delay sending back your documents.

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:01 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
brother88 wrote:

Yes they still processed the application. They can't reject simply based on you forgetting to send a return envelope. If anything, it might only delay sending back your documents.

thanks for the response, this makes me feel a lot better, now just need to wait for both the documents back and a decision!

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi all, it's been 2 weeks now and my documents still haven't been returned to me, should I be worried??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I don't think that they will ask for return postage payment rather may send communication/decision through 2nd class ordinary delivery. However, if you wish can send them a new prepaid recorded delivery envelope with covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 pm

does anyone know the address that i should sent the pre-paid envelope to?

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:41 am

brother88 wrote:does anyone know the address that i should sent the pre-paid envelope to?
I have sent it to:

UK Visas and Immigration International
Po Box 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX

I will update this thread if I get my documents back

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:38 pm

I have also seen this address in another post:

Settlement applications
The Portergate – Level 1 (Home Office - UKVI)
257 Ecclesall Road
Sheffield
S11 8NX
United Kingdom

Which address should I send it to?

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:19 pm

documents have been returned

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:28 am

I don't think you should be worried about it. I sent return postage and still they sent documents through normal postage without use of mine

zydeng
Newly Registered
China

Post by zydeng » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Hello,
This situation happen to me therefore I wonder to know what is your solution?
Did you post a new pre-paid postage? or you wait and Visa centre sent you a email?

thank you

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Sheffield paid the recorded return postage for me but I'm still waiting for a response so not sure if they are taking revenge on me