ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in issuing U.K. Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Delay in issuing U.K. Spouse visa

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:54 am

Hi all,
I'm new to this site and also very confused and reading the exp of many I'm now very depressed too !!
Just out of curiosity I want to know that till last year spouse visa was issued in less than 3/4 weeks time ( have my friends who have received the same) but this year it taking nothing less than 2.5/ 3 months time... is it coz of the holding of files coz of the verdict which was due by the honorable Supreme Court and now can we be little hopeful that we all can get our visas much on time like earlier ?!?!

SimonS

Re: Delay in issuing U.K. Spouse visa

Post by SimonS » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Your observations on the ever increasing timelines are correct and you're right, it is seriously depressing.

Many different reasons have been offered to explain the delays but until the HO actually makes some sort of statement - don't hold your breath - it's not really clear what the reason is.

The Supreme Court judgement may have had an impact and created a small backlog but it only impacts cases where the MIR is not met, so this cannot be the full reason for processing times to slip as much as they have.

My personal opinion and it is just an opinion but backed up by facts, is that the delays have been caused by a massive increase in European Citizen Permanent Resident Card Applications since the Brexit vote and triggering of Article 50 in February. These are also dealt with by Sheffield.

This is borne out by the Office For National Statistics release for the 4th Quarter of 2016 which shows the number of applications went from an average of 10,000 per quarter to over 16,000. The number of pending applications has increased from it's long term average of 25-30,000 to over 90,000!!!!

I think that is where you will find the real backlog that is affecting everything.

Don't take my word for it, just do an internet search "one million EU citizens in Britain at risk of deportation" it's the first article. The difference between EU citizens and non EU is that EU citizens can make a claim for compensation from the Government under European law if their application is not processed within 6 months. Add to that the fact that an estimated 55,000 EU citizens work in our health service alone. If they can no longer work, the health service falls apart. Ask yourself who is getting priority now.

Unfortunately, we are the innocent victims caught up in the absolute chaotic mess the government has created from the blundering mismanagement of the Brexit process.

As I said, just my opinion but based on facts.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Geet1328
India

Re: Delay in issuing U.K. Spouse visa

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi SimonS ,
Your messsge was very informative... thanks !
I think you are right ... gawd!!! So not looking forward to that .... they should seriously do something about it asap ... recruit more staff or probably send the documents to thr respective embassies.... They can't be sitting on it and cannot let the mismanagement continue ?!?!?now I really don't know when to expect visa ... guess should just sit and wait and show some patience( thought very difficult in our situation)