ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR TIER1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aary

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR TIER1

Post by Aary » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:01 am

Hi All

Does any one have clarity about the new evidences required for TIER1 English language requirement,

I went through the following document and it seems the letter from university is not required/Valid any more. The alternative is NARIC. Does any one know if NARIC provides such certificates.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

At the moment I have got the letter of comparability from NARIC which says that the degree is comparable to UK degree, but does not mention that the degree was taught in English language.

Aary.

karupalli

extension

Post by karupalli » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 am

For the extension- i see that (not sure about initial application)

Immigration rules for leave to remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant as at 28 February 2008
Requirements for an extension of stay as a highly skilled migrant

135D. The requirements for an extension of stay as a highly skilled migrant for a person who has
previously been granted entry clearance or leave in this capacity, are that the applicant:
(i) entered the United Kingdom with a valid United Kingdom entry clearance as a highly skilled
migrant, or has previously been granted leave in accordance with paragraphs 135DA-135DH of
these Rules; and
(ii) has achieved at least 75 points in accordance with the criteria specified in Appendix 4 of these
Rules, having provided all the documents which are set out in Appendix 5 (Part I) of these Rules
which correspond to the points which he is claiming; and
(iii) (a) has produced an International English Language Testing System certificate issued to him to
certify that he has achieved at least band 6 competence in English; or
(b) has demonstrated that he holds a qualification which was taught in English and which is of an
equivalent level to a UK Bachelors degree by providing both documents which are set out in
Appendix 5 (Part II) of these Rules; and

Aary

Post by Aary » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Does anyone has any more information on this.

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:21 pm

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

Aary

Post by Aary » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Seems we have to wait till 29th of this month to see if University certificate and Naric letter of comparability still works. Still no details have been published.