ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct visa application form used?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

londonphd

Correct visa application form used?

Post by londonphd » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:10 am

Hello All,

I would like to know if I have chosen the correct application form for my parents' visitor/tourist visa application or not.

I invited my parents to come and visit us (my family) in London for a period of up to four weeks. I have a settled status (ILR). Since both my parents do not speak English, I filled out the application form on their behalf. I used Tourist category type 'VISIT - TOURISM - 6 MONTHS' application form. I am financing their visit to the UK, and given my status in the UK, I wonder if I chose the correct form/visa category. A friend of mine told me he used family visit visa category for his mother's application as he had ILR. I am guessing there should not be any difference, either category would allow the applicant to stay in the UK under the same terms/restrictions.

Thanks.