ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR From Tier 2/Tier 4 Dependent Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nkhalid
Newly Registered

ILR From Tier 2/Tier 4 Dependent Questions

Post by nkhalid » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 General Visa (ending September 2018) and my 5 years are completing in September 2017 and I am preparing to apply for ILR , When we moved to UK my wife was on Tier 4 Student Visa and I was on Dependent Visa , In September 2012 I changed my visa to Tier 2 and she traveled back to Pakistan to convert her visa as Dependent to mine in December 2012,
So her 5 year would now complete in December 2017. I've got two children born in UK.
So now i am not sure what are my options and best possible way

1. Should I wait until December when my wife qualifies for ILR and then apply all of us together ? Would that save money on fees ? Would there be any impact as I will be delaying for 3 months after being qualified for ILR ? Would they be asking why am not applying for my children and wife with me ?

2. I apply for ILR for myself alone now and in December I apply for my wife and children together ?

3.My elder son has got a Pakistani passport and same visa as mine but younger one doesn't even have a passport or any travel document. Should I apply for his Pakistani passport before i apply for his ILR ? Or can I apply for their British passports along with my ILR application ?

4.My wife got student visa to UK in July 2011, she did pass IELTS test but now am not sure whether we gave that at that time as proof of English, would she still have to take English test for ILR ? Her ielts is expired now and as of I know if your IELTS has been accepted as proof for previous visa then you can submit that as proof, but how can i be sure whether IELTS was her part of application in 2011? Is there any way we can confirm that from Home office before applying ?

5.When I do apply for my children now for ILR/Passport would I still have to show 3 month bank statement with enough money in it to show that I can support them ?

Thanks in advance guys.
Nabil

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR From Tier 2/Tier 4 Dependent Questions

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:55 pm

1. You apply in Sept, your wife applies in Dec. Your kids can apply for MN1 reg right after you get ilr. No saving in applying together.
2. as above.
3. No need to apply for pakisani passport. As soon as u get ilr, aply for their MN1 reg.
4. New ielts needed. Make sure she does the new type called, 'ielts for ukvi'.
5. no statements required for ilr.

nkhalid
Newly Registered

Post by nkhalid » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Thanks for the prompt response, so both parents have to have ILR before I can apply for kids MN1 reg Or would it be enough after my ILR ?
Also as mine 5 year period is ending in September so how early I can apply for ILR ? I've got visa until next year though so would that have any effect on my application if I do apply early or late ?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm

If the kids are born in the uk, then 1 parent on ilr is enough for the kids MN1 reg.
You can apply no more than 28 days before you complete your 5 years inside the uk.