ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA residence card lost

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nabz88
Newly Registered

EEA residence card lost

Post by nabz88 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi,
I would like to share my experience that I received my Residence Card for 5 years. Unfortunately, lost it.
However, I have re-applied the residence card by submitting EEA(FM) form. As, it has been more than seven weeks and i haven't received any biometric or acknowledgement letter.
When I called the Home Office, they told me you don't need biometrics because you were issued RC and its a case to get new one. Week later, I called them again, they said you need to contact biometric team.

This all is very confusing for me. Please share your experience, if anybody lost card and applied again. please also share a timeline

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA residence card lost

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Residence Card is different from Leave to remain.

FOr Leave to remain biometric, it can be replaced, but for Residence Card biometric permit, i don't think it is the same policy, you many need to re-apply again.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

nabz88
Newly Registered

Post by nabz88 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:49 pm

As, I have told earlier I have reapplied for RC 8 weeks ago but haven't got any acknowledgement or biometroc letter.
Just want members to share experience, if anybody went through same problem...

kororo
Newly Registered

Post by kororo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:36 pm

I have just lost my EEA card too :((( !!!
Do you have any update for your application?

Gaquay
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Gaquay » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:08 am

I just found out I lost my residence card too. I know it's unacceptable to lose it but it happened, sadly.
Any update from your application?
I am confused now as I don't know what I am supposed to do? My friends told me that I just need to request for a replacement. Losing the card doesn't mean I lost my rights here in the UK.
However after doing some research it seems like I will need to reapply again. The whole process is gonna be the same like the first time. It sounds so nonsense to me as why HO need to make it that complicated rather than issuing a replacement?
Any one with experience welcomed. Also solicitors please kindly give me some advices.
Many thanks

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Here is my experience I lost my RC in 2015 and i apply for it again and I got it .
the whole proses will take place again is you lost the RC

Gaquay
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Gaquay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:49 pm

jay.ho wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm
Here is my experience I lost my RC in 2015 and i apply for it again and I got it .
the whole proses will take place again is you lost the RC
What you mean whole process will take place again? Does it mean I need to submit all the documents as the same documents at its first time? Fee is same and also waiting time?

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Yes that's right you have you send all documents again and also recent your sponsor treaty right as well and waiting time is the same and also fee is the same as .

Gaquay
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Gaquay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 pm

jay.ho wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:34 pm
Yes that's right you have you send all documents again and also recent your sponsor treaty right as well and waiting time is the same and also fee is the same as .
Thank you.
Did you go to police station to report when you lost your card?
As I went to police station today but they said they no longer take any lost item case and they are unable to make any reference regarding to it,which made me really confused.

Gaquay
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Gaquay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

jay.ho wrote:
Thank you.
As I went to police station today but they said they no longer take any lost item case and they are unable to make any reference regarding to it,which made me really confused.
Also did you need to do the biometric test again?

Gaquay
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Gaquay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

jay.ho wrote:
Thank you.
Also did you need to do the biometric test again?

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:07 am

Yeah I went to police station and I reported . And also I done biometric as well .

And also in the form with you fill out there are a question about biometric card if you lost you have to write down the date of lost and also police reported date as well