ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) 10 year start date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cgp1
Newly Registered

SET(LR) 10 year start date?

Post by cgp1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm applying for SET(LR) at the Croydon PEO next week and just wanted to make sure everything is in order.

I just have one question - do I have to be physically present in the UK on the 10 year qualification start date?

My case should be simple. Here are some information:
  • 1. I entered the UK in September 2000 when I was a child
    2. I went home for summer holidays so my absences exceeded 540 days. I applied in 2011 but was rejected.
    3. On the 28th July 2017 my absences will be < 540 days
    4. I had valid leave to remain but was not physically present on the 28th July 2007
    5. I have had valid leave to remain (Student visas then DLR)
I know the naturalisation legislation requires you to be physically present on the date that's 5 years before you apply; it doesn't apply to indefinite leave to remain for long residence right?

Thanks,
C.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(LR) 10 year start date?

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:10 pm

What are your periods of absence from the UK over the last 10 years ?
If by 28th July 2007 you had been outside of the UK from more than 6 months, you still cannot apply under 10 year route as your continuous 10 year period was already broken and had to be restarted once you came back to the UK again.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cgp1
Newly Registered

Post by cgp1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:32 am

I did not have a period of absence more than 180 days during the 17 year period.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:55 am

I would say you should be fine then
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cgp1
Newly Registered

SET(LR) Proof Section 3C Leave?

Post by cgp1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi All,

I'm applying for SET(LR) under the 10 year long residence rule. One of the things I'm trying to do is gather my immigration history for my PEO appointment next Thursday.

I have a question - how do I prove that I was on section 3c leave?

In my last 2 visa applications, my solicitor sent the application in about 3 days before the visa expired (by courier). I didn't get a bio-metrics letter until a couple of weeks later. I therefore don't have any evidence to prove that I applied in time.

Do you think the case worker at the PEO will be able to determine this by themselves?

Thanks,
C.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Posts merged. NO need to start a new one :!:

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:39 pm

You do not need to send any evidence. Case workers see all those dates in the system. The date of an application is generally the date of posting