ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work-placement for the students

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nishad.zaman
United Kingdom

Work-placement for the students

Post by nishad.zaman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:19 am

Hi, Good evening to everyone.

I am studying MSc in a university, last semester and besides working part-time in Sainsbury's retail. I lately have been given a full-time work placement for 6 months from the Univesity. Before placed the work placement by the university the store manager from the Sainsbury's retail has issued a letter to my university that they are happy to offer me full-time work in the management role in the same particular store. Therefore, the university then issued the full-time work placement permission letter.

So, I was about to start the full-time work from today but my store manager informed me that the Area HR Manager has informed him that the HR department informed them that they cannot allow me working full-time due to UKBA right to work policy.

I have told them that I have been working with the company for more than 4 years, after confirming from the store by the letter then the university has approved the full-time work placement with you, and these process took several months and meantime I have not look for any other places for the work placement which is related to my final course submission. Moreover, I am not someone who is applying within the company from the outside for a work placement but all I will do is work full-time and the 6 months work experience will be an element of my final course submission. Now if you refuse me then I will be in great trouble, as I do not know within this short period will I get another work placement with a different company or not, or even found then that may definitely waste again several months to process which may cause me fail in my final course submission successfully.

Please advice me in this matter. Your help and support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Work-placement for the students

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:48 pm

The store has misunderstood the student work condition. I advise you ask them to check it properly with the Home Office. Your international student adviser at the university may be able to liaise with the employer on your behalf.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nishad.zaman
United Kingdom

Re: Work-placement for the students

Post by nishad.zaman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:30 am

Thanks a lot for your advice. I do highly appreciate your help and support.

Regards